free website stats program Sportster for the Wife | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster for the Wife

MY TAKE

sounds like ONE OF A KIND FIND

IF it is a one owner? 2001 is OLD and no way will you get money back even if you only put on a 1000 miles on her!! you are #2 owner and resale really drops off.(pre 04)

If it only has under 1000 it has sat a lot ??? battery comes to mind? gas tank rust?

I would rather go for a 04 and up just for the smoother ride rubber mt-motor

If you plan to keep it , might be okay. but the resale of 04 and newer is MUCH better.

remember low miles OR NOT, the bike is a 01 and will NOT increase in value.......NOR has it lost all the old 01 value.second owners usually go another 15/2000......

CAREFUL....

just my way....BUBBIE

my rides **2000 dyna convertable **2006 sport/roadster

I considered two things when I bought her a sportster. 1 I didn't think she would ride it so I figured I'd have a spare. 2. i could pretend not to hear her over the pipes(when she's on back I can't do that.:)

I just got out of a 2003 883 and into a 2007 1200. The rubber mounts make a HUGE difference in the ride, and its not quite so top heavy -- if your wife is new to riding, its a very different feel. JMO.

I never did get a chance to see the bike. After our initial contact I never heard from the guy again. Not sure what the deal is, why post it if your not gonna sell it.

I never did get a chance to see the bike. After our initial contact I never heard from the guy again. Not sure what the deal is, why post it if your not gonna sell it.

Maybe he just changed his mind like Richard did. Though he could have had the courtesy to tell you.:(

Maybe he just changed his mind like Richard did. Though he could have had the courtesy to tell you.:(

That would have been nice. But after the input I got here and from some of my local friends I had pretty much decided to wait for a 2004 or later. The wife hasn't done her MSF course yet so I was jumping the gun a little but it sounded like a nice deal. :)

Back