free website stats program Sportster 72 tank range | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster 72 tank range

The 94 sportster i had came with the wee peanut tank and the 80 mile range was not good in this area so i fitted a larger tank to get 150 mile range
Although most towns have a petrol station opening hours are increasingly reduced over the last few years

Brian

What Brian said is true...really don't like to run with only 80 mile range...which could be LESS if you do primarily short trips and in city riding. Like I said, getting 35mpg or less in town can make that range seem mighty short, and personally I do not like using my fuel valve THAT much or worring about that silly odometer reading...LOL!

thanks guys :)

well i just got back from the dealer & i misunderstood him as he only has the satin black in stock & i have to say satin black is not my cup of tea,however the H D wharehouse in Belgium has 1 red flake is stock.
this one HAS MY NAME ON IT WOOOOHOOOOOOOO :bigsmiley8:
errmmmm sorry about that,ahem i should get my new ride next saturday all being well & i just know i aint gonna sleep much this week.

Now is the time to be looking for suitable polishing products and charging the camera batteries as we expect to see the photos posted on the site next week

Brian

will do my good sir :)

i'm slightly worse for wear today,i play double bass in a rockabilly band & had a gig last night so i thought i might as well have a celebration for my new bike but now MY HEAD HURTS :56:

Congrats to artisan - can't wait to see the pics!!! Hope your head heals from all the celebrating & enjoy the new scoot!!!

just spoke to my dealer,my bike has just arrived & they are now in the process of building her up :)
Paul at Leeds HD said "it looks absoluteley awesome"
ooooh i can't wait picking her up tomorrow morning i just hope the weather improoves a lot,it's really raining here.
i betcha i don't sleep a wink tonight.

Remember to do the ring seating break in in the way home

Brian

Back