free website stats program Spectro | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro

Guys,

Don't forget, you can always order your oil and lube online. I order 2 oil changes [(engine volume + extra quart)x2], plus 2 quarts for the primary, plus 2 quarts for tranny (only takes 20-24 oz in mine). This give me two changes of everything, and I don't get hit too hard by shipping & handling (usually free with this volume).

I ride my bike almost every day, so I do change my oil 3-4 times a year (primary and tranny twice).

TQ

I have been doing research on the forum here. I don't quite understand the difference between the Spectro Transmission Gear having GL-1 and GL-5. I just got a quart of the Spectro Transmission Heavy Duty Gear Oil GL-5. Wow what a difference it makes. The shifing is alot quiter.

Merry Christmas

I have been doing research on the forum here. I don't quite understand the difference between the Spectro Transmission Gear having GL-1 and GL-5. I just got a quart of the Spectro Transmission Heavy Duty Gear Oil GL-5. Wow what a difference it makes. The shifing is alot quiter.

Merry Christmas

It's a different color and the additive package is different. You can use the GL5 in both with no problems but the GL 1 is made for 5 speeds with straight cut gears.

Glad you like it.

Thanks for the input. I know what straight cut gears look like. Does the 05 EGS 5 speed have the straight cut gears?

I have only used Spectro oils in my RK, since I brought her in 2000, I have no problems getting it over here.

John.

I just put 3.5 quarts of Golden Spectro 4 20w50..after reading the bottle i believe this is semi synthetic..crap..think I bought the wrong stuff...also the tranny fluid I believe is semi syn ..it is just 80w gear oil..spent almost 50 bucks including filter so this will have to do for the next 2500 miles at least.

Don't worry, it's a quality oil and for one oil change the bike will never know the difference.:s

The bottle will tell you if it's semi synthetic or full synthetic for sure.

Don't worry, it's a quality oil and for one oil change the bike will never know the difference.:s

The bottle will tell you if it's semi synthetic or full synthetic for sure.

Just wondering why it seems that nobody really uses the spectro platinum full syn oil in threre engine? Smitty is the only one i think that uses it. I found a local bike shop that carries it and was going to give it a try.:dknow

The entire Spectro line is a quality oil but you have a valid question there, maybe availability?

The entire Spectro line is a quality oil but you have a valid question there, maybe availability?

I have found that amsoil is easier to get than spectro if you can believe that. non of the bike shops carry the M1 and Wal-mart stoped selling it, so it kinda comes down to amsoil or spectro for me. Wich one do you think is the best? Im kinda goofy on the fact that i like to use the same brand in all three holes rather than differnt oil and trans and primary. you know, one stop shopping.

Back