free website stats program Spark Plugs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark Plugs

plug number does count. Heat range of plug can make a difference! Seen holes in pistons, from too hot of plug. Worn rings, smoking, maybe a # up so plug might not foul .

Was always told Champion made plugs for H D. But to HD spec's . But you never know. Don't run anything but( American made ) plugs in my scoots . Can't afford the rejection!:s

I went to a Champion tune up class years ago and confirmed that to be a true statement:s

With all the money spent on bike why squabble at a couple extra bucks for plugs that are specifically made for your bike at dealer.

I bought the Harley OEM ones a few weeks ago and it was $8.54 for 2, tax and all. Can't imagine you'd save but a buck or two going with the alternate Champion number, plus the heat range may not be identical.

I bought the Harley OEM ones a few weeks ago and it was $8.54 for 2, tax and all. Can't imagine you'd save but a buck or two going with the alternate Champion number, plus the heat range may not be identical.

My point exactly.....:hii

I find it ironic we don't think twice about buying a piece of chrome or a new seat or bars for our scoots but pinch pennies when it comes to other things such as plugs. From what I've read here and other sites, spark plug are as much of a personal choice as oil is so I say use whatever works for you no matter the price.:s

Thanks for the replies. It looks like I can go with my previous Champion plugs. I'm not trying to be cheap, just had good luck w/these plugs. Plus, I usually change plugs when I change fluids, just as preventive maintenance. Maybe overkill, but gives me a great piece of mind.

Scott in IL-'13 FLTRU (the new Mistress)

over the years I have run Denso ,E3,Screaming Eagle,NGK and standard Harley plugs without any noticeable difference. But at 10,000 miles on my 2014 I tried out some NGK iridium fine wire plugs and after a couple hundred miles the check engine light came on I pulled them and went back to factory original plugs and that fixed that problem I did some further research and found I am not the only one who had this happen with the iridium plugs

Harley Davidson Forums
Read here, yes it does make a difference you may not notice it right off but your ECM knows and is recording the info. There have been reports of these fine wire (SE and others) breaking the tips off TOO hot or incomplete burn I dunno but I have tried them and checked the values with an ohm meter and believe me they do not measure up JMO Further reading here by Hoople will confirm the ion sensing

Back