free website stats program Spark Plugs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark Plugs

not very old mabye two months. bike did ran like crap when first got it and had the stage one flash and pipes done buy harley. changed the plugs and it ran great. and have not had it bake to the dealer since.

Reason I ask is that the screaming eagle or any platinum plug really doesn't add any power or run better. They are mainly for longevity in an engine. Once the mixture is lit off, it's over and any plug will light it off as well as the next one. Usually people "see a difference" because the plugs they were replacing had some miles on them or even the wrong heat range and the new plugs are claimed to be the reason that the bike runs so much better.

you are right. but i was haveing running problems and for the couple extra bucks i spent it. they are just not one signal elictroid like normal plugs
if i rember they have four. witch would also give me a more likeness to use all the fuel going into the cylinders

The multiple electrodes are good in an engine that has a high compression ratio and radical cams but rarely will the spark jump more than one electrode with a stock coil. That's where the longevity comes in. More electrodes to use before the need for replacement.

Back