free website stats program Sore upper back after long ride | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sore upper back after long ride

Also you might want to consider adding a driver backrest , it does take all the pressure off your back and shoulder area and adds a lot of stability to your body while riding in higher speed winds.

I had a similar problem with my 06 roadking Classic. I swapped out the stock bars for Hertiage bars which brought the grips back about 2 inches. No cable swap was needed. This took care of the neck, back and shoulder pain.

I agree it's the bars. I had the same problem on another bike of mine, after about an hour on the road I'd get a sharp pain between my shoulder blades. Did a ride of a couple of thousand miles with that problem. When I got back, I installed a small riser kit that moved the bars back and up a bit. No more pain no matter how far I rode after that. With my Ultra, I have no problem at all.

I was having pain right between the shoulder blades after riding. I was reaching too far forward. I just order some 12.5 in mini apes. I sat on a RK in the dealership that they had put those on. They put my wrists and arms in a comfortable position and I'm not reaching. I can't wait to get them installed and ride.

I had some back pain due to the reach on the stock handlebars. Traded up -- the new bike has buckhorns which gives me some slack at the elbows. Haven't had any trouble since. Reaching across the tank doesn't promote good posture, plus you have to worry about scratching the paint!

It's good to read all of these. I have a 2004 Softail Standard and after riding for an hour, my neck and shoulders are KILLING me. Can anyone suggest some handle bars for a softail? If I don't figure something out, I'm gonna have to give up riding. The pain is to intense!

A set of heritage bars will help you out by putting the grips closer to you and just a tad higher. Shouldn't need any cables either.

Do you keep your wallet in one of your butt pockets? Is so remove it. Your wallet will throw your hips out of whack when you sit on it.

Back