free website stats program Sore Butt | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sore Butt

I just ordered the Airhawk cushion by Roho. Should have it in a couple days. I'll post again with an update

I tried my stock back rest and it keeps me straight up. ( too high in the back ) Would like to find a low profile back rest that I can lean back into. The old Corbin on my 96 wide glide fit's good , but that's a whole different set up.

A touring motorcycle with the cheapest seat possible would seem a contradiction in everything but shareholders bottom line
The same cheap seat abrades the dash and tanks where it overlaps
destroying the chrome and paint
but it is all good because they will sell you an overpriced seat

Heres what I did, took the stock seat to a upholstery shop, had tem add 6" of foam and to the side panels. It sounds like alot but its not as I'm also 6'2.

Very comfortable and also have the pillow top backrest.

Still have a problem on long rides with the sweating, this air ciculation cushion sounds interesting, anybody got a link?

So far no one has answered the question about the Zepplin seat, but has had thier own resolution to the problem. Well, same here, I put the HD Hammock seat ($500.00) on this year and WOW what a differance. I really did think the stock seat was comfortable and had no real problem with it, I got the Hammock for the wife, but I think I like it more than she will.

Does anyone have the Zepplin that can chime in? I sure like the idea of adjusting the air chambers.

javascript:;

I have the beaded seat for my Ultra. It works great as far as monkey butt and air flow. It doesn't set you up too high on the seat either. I bought it for long distances and it works good. What's nice about it is that when the beads get faded I just go to Wal-MArt and pick up a can of black lacquer spray paint in a can and in minutes I give it a fresh coat of paint so it looks bran new. I do this like every other year.
Sorry I couldn't chime inon the Zepplin seat. :(

I bought the Mustang as I have had very good service from them
Tried the sheepskin and gel on the stock seat from both my 99FLHTC and 06FLHR and went right to the new seat on my 09FLHTC
All day comfort is paramount when you spend all day in the saddle and it is one of my many pet peeves with the motor company

I have had a Zepp on my 2003 Ultra for 5 years. I'm 6'0" and 170 lb.'s.
The Zepp works to a degree, but I also keep an Airhawk AND a Saddlemans gel pad in the trunk. On a 4 hour trip, the Zepp is enough, anything longer than that and I start switching out with the other 2 for an hour each. Also, changing leg positions on your highway pegs helps a ton. Istead of just resting your boots on the pegs, sometimes lay the back of your boot on TOP of the peg, highway peg that is.

I removed my stock seat off my 2007 Road King Classic and replaced it with a Mustang Solo seat. I am very pleased with the comfort and support this seat offers. I routinely ride for 4-6 hours without any noticeable discomfort. I also enjoy the secure feeling that I get from the lip on the back of the seat. Unlike the stock seat, where I found myself sliding around front to back and side to side. The Mustang seat gives me a solid feeling. This is probably not the most comfortable seat on the market, but for the price it's a winner.

I have the HD air seat on my UC, all I can say is I could sit on that seat for hours, no problem. I could only ride my old bike about an hour and I was ready to stop, and that seat was big and had lots of cushion.

Back