free website stats program Sore Butt | Harley Davidson Forums

Sore Butt

dello

Riding my 08 ultra with stock seat causing sore butt after couple hours. Considering the Zepplin seat. Anyone got any feed back. I'm 6'2" so can't scoot foward.

It moves you up verticly & foward, I did not like it but im 5.9.... I got a sundowner seat.

Riding my 08 ultra with stock seat causing sore butt after couple hours. Considering the Zepplin seat. Anyone got any feed back. I'm 6'2" so can't scoot foward.

I had the seat on my softail custom fitted with a gel pad. Cost about $60. Seat is the same height, they cut about 1/2" of foam out and inserted the gel pad under the cover. Works great.

Before you spend all the money on a new seat please read on:
I go for long rides every summer. Last year I took my Moto Guzzi from Princeton NJ to Key West Fl. By the time I reached Jacksonville I had developed the proverbial Monkey Butt. The mb is caused by constant pressure, heat and the lack of air circulation. I did have Alaska Leathers sheepskin on the saddle, but it did not help.

In Jacksonville I went to HD shop and they sold me a HD seat 'cushion'. This is made very ingeniously and allows air circulation. It will even make your butt but cold when riding!

M K

Before you spend all the money on a new seat please read on:
I go for long rides every summer. Last year I took my Moto Guzzi from Princeton NJ to Key West Fl. By the time I reached Jacksonville I had developed the proverbial Monkey Butt. The mb is caused by constant pressure, heat and the lack of air circulation. I did have Alaska Leathers sheepskin on the saddle, but it did not help.

In Jacksonville I went to HD shop and they sold me a HD seat 'cushion'. This is made very ingeniously and allows air circulation. It will even make your butt but cold when riding!

M K

I too have the air circulation pad. It definately helps with the heat issues, it keeps me dry for sure, but it does not help with the softness of the ride. At leats it did'nt do anything for me. The pad is designed to circulate air and does not have a cushion piece.

I had the same problem as you, as suggested from someone hee we tried sheepskin covers, we love-em. Problem gone, stay sool in the summer warm when it gets cold, and if you get it wet in the rain, just take it off and bang it on a tree a few times to knock the water out.. We got ours from Alaska Leather.. Good Luck

I have had the problem since I was a young fella, and on all different kinds of bikes. IMO air circulation is part of the problem. Since I've aged, and no longer have much of a posterier, my jeans are not nearly as tight, and I don't have as much discomfort. :p Some say those "wooden bead" covers work, I'd like to try one. I think most of the problem on bikes is due to the small pressure area when sitting. In a car or chair, there's always some thigh and higher back support.

Last edited:
The stock Harley seats never worked for me.
I have Mustang seats on both my Sportster and Ultra.
Ride all day long and never think about my seat.

My tailbone would get sore after a couple of hours and I got the riders back rest and now I can ride fill up to fill up. It gives your back something to rest against and keeps you sitting a little straighter. It may take a couple of tries to get it set right.

Mike

Back