free website stats program Some Riding/ Injury Update | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Some Riding/ Injury Update

Biscuit, I feel your pain too! Both, the getting older & pinched nerves. I have had severe arthritis in my lower back for almost 15 years now. :(. I get steroid injections in my spine periodically that help, (and I am long overdue at this point) but you are correct, the therapy and all does help in most cases. I can still do most things, but I am much, much slower at this point. When your nerves get pinched, that pain can be EXCRUCIATING. I have been there as well. Then, to top it all off, I woke up yesterday with my left knee throbbing. My knees never hurt before, except I think 3 times over my 52 years I have either had them twisted or hyper-extended, but that pain was short lived. Granted my knees always made lots of weird grinding sounds, but they never hurt. I told my mom yesterday that I was afraid to go to the doctor because I have a feeling I know what they are going to tell me. I will be bone on bone. Never any issues with my thumb and then I woke up and it was throbbing. Doctor said you have no cartlilege at all, and you can see where it has been that way for a while...So, I am afraid to see the doc over the knee...I am starting to see a pattern here.

Joel, that was considerate of the HD dealership to clear the temptations from the store before your visit! :). It must be nice to have such a kind and thoughtful dealership near you. :D. Turn that 20 minutes of riding into 21 minutes. ;). You will get there. In the meanwhile, I am accepting that getting older with the ailments that come along with it is better than not getting older. :). Just learning how to do things again in a manner that may not be as hard on my body.

Take care & keep us posted, and remember, you are not alone!

I hooked up the trailer to go to the local dealer on Saturday, needed to get oils and the filter for service.
Nothing else there wanted to leave their shelves, and the showroom floor was basically wide open so I didn't have to cut through new bikes and worry about getting snagged by one.
Not even a T-shirt? Lol

No not even a t shirt. I have a closet full and some in a drawer that I should bring out, it would be as good as buying a new one because I haven't seen many of them in years.
If we go somewhere nice I just look for one in the best condition and slide on jeans, those are easy to pick out because there all the same color, BLUE.
I start therapy at a new place tomorrow, been going to one place since late January, close to 45 visits.
The receptionist there made me feel like I was faking my symptoms and wouldn't do her job to get more visits authorized. They get $130.00 per hr , guaranteed pay by the state.
L&I said no problem seeing a different provider.

No not even a t shirt. I have a closet full and some in a drawer that I should bring out, it would be as good as buying a new one because I haven't seen many of them in years.
If we go somewhere nice I just look for one in the best condition and slide on jeans, those are easy to pick out because there all the same color, BLUE.
I start therapy at a new place tomorrow, been going to one place since late January, close to 45 visits.
The receptionist there made me feel like I was faking my symptoms and wouldn't do her job to get more visits authorized. They get $130.00 per hr , guaranteed pay by the state.
L&I said no problem seeing a different provider.
I guess they don't need your money, I hope the new place works out for you Joel. I too have a lot of HD t-shirts (about 25-30) or 2 drawers full and vest and coats in the closet. lol We can't have too many I guess, some I haven't worn in a couple years. I like the pocket tees the best, I won't tell you what size....lol My fashion statement is a T-shirt and Levis jeans lol.

Funny how a “mere” receptionist knows more than an actual professional isn’t it.
The higher up the chain that professional person is, the more snootier their front line staff seem to become.
Without denigrating all the others who do their job professionally and capably, ( and that’s most of them) there is a certain type that think they have an elevated status because of whom they work for.

Back