free website stats program Some Riding/ Injury Update | Harley Davidson Forums

Some Riding/ Injury Update

joel

If you followed, I hade trigger thumb surgery 12/21/20 and got the bonus of an infection leading to a 5 day sleep over in the hospital.
Well I'm up to 20 minutes of riding before the pain is too uncomfortable.
Still gave swelling on the top of the hand where the middle finger is, tip of the thumb pointing and middle finger are still numb along with the feeling like the side of the pointing finger is on fire at times.
Bright side is the hand is still attached. Yahoo

Almost forgot.
When making a fist, the fingers are about 1 inch away from closure

Joel,
Glad to hear of your progress, you're back in the saddle and it's getting better, good on you dude!!

Progress is progress...:O. I have severe arthritis in my right thumb, having to wear a brace at least until the end of June. :(. But, it has a 70% success rate so I am willing to try it. So far, it is a bit of a disappointment, I still have a lot of pain in my hand / arm, all the way to my elbow. The surgery to repair this has a 98% success rate, but also a 3-6 month recovery time. The way I see it, if I can prevent surgery, I will so my best but I have a sinking suspicion that I will be getting the surgery this winter. :(. Keep plugging along, and know that I am thinking of you. I am only about 2 months in at this point, I can only imagine how you must be feeling! Best of luck and keep working at it. ;).

those are great rates of success.when I had a back surgery they said 33% chance you'll be better,33% you'll stay the same,33% you could worsen the situation.I was in a lot of pain,so I did it.It's about the same.

Your riding again, that's good news! Keep up the good work!
I hooked up the trailer to go to the local dealer on Saturday, needed to get oils and the filter for service.
Nothing else there wanted to leave their shelves, and the showroom floor was basically wide open so I didn't have to cut through new bikes and worry about getting snagged by one.

Not only is the Harley demographic getting older; they’re also falling apart!
I hear your pain Joel, and I feel it too. But in a different part.

I’ve yet to ride any bike so far this year; I’m having Physiotherapy and Acupuncture weekly; have a hot water bottle almost perpetually tied to my lower back/ backside( I feel a bit like a Kardashian); do over 2 hours of back exercises and stretches every day and have my own T.E.N.S machine tingling away until I kill the battery.
My Harley fell over down hill in late December last year and I pinched my Sciatic nerve badly when I just literally hoiked it back up.
Cant ride. Can’t walk properly. Can’t sit properly. Have to pay to have my yard and gardens taken care of.
My Wife does all our shopping solo-no more eating out or having a coffee as part of weekly trips. I can drive, but I’m pretty useless when I get somewhere. I rarely leave the house except to get pounded and poked.
The good news is that with all the dedicated effort I’ve put in, those excruciating pains down my legs and my back are going. The limp is lessening. My range of movement is increasing: as is my flexibility.
The end is near as they say.

You don’t mention if you have a recovery programme, but hopefully the hospital or your Surgeon would have given you one.
If you’re not doing rehab; or just making a token attempt to do it- I strongly advise you to get stuck straight into it. Honestly, as much as it hurts it also helps. I know it’s hard work. I know it hurts. I know you gotta push to make the time to do it. I know it’s hard to find 3 lots of 45 minutes each day to push yourself. I know how easy it is to find excuses to not do it or wimp out. But ya gotta do it.
Obviously, the best news for you is you still have a hand; and working hard on the other bits will allow you to use that hand for your best advantage.
Good luck and fight hard. It’s for you.
And your quality of life.
And that’s what I’ve realised.
Sorry for the novel. I’m trying to give you encouragement.

Back