free website stats program Some days things don't do right | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Some days things don't do right

Yes, I too collect T-shirts from different locales. But with a difference, I collect for the geographic location, not necessarily the shop.

For example, my wife and her sister went to Aruba. Little island, the speed limit there is 35 MPH. She brought me back the Harley shop T-shirt.

I thought it was cool because it said "Aruba." Lots of my friends bought T-shirts this year simply because they said '71' and "Sturgis."

What do you say RWB? Sounds like a solution that the dealer/owner needs to hear.

You must have missed my earlier post Don, here it is
I just go there for parts since it's nearer to where I live. Anyhow I decided to get smart like dbmg and some other guys told me. I sat down and wrote a verbatum email of what happened and sent it to just about every email at the dealership, but mainly the owner and manager. I won't bore you with the contents but will let you know if anything comes of it.

Haven't heard anything back yet, but then they don't answer email real quick around there. Think Monday I will post mail a copy to the owner.

I would see if they have a Facebook page and post it there.

I'll check that out. Actually I have to go back there and buy a master cylinder gasket (yea I know I said I would drive to Clermont but don't have time right now). They might not even let me back in the door :lolrolling

The only Harley T-Shirt I will buy says "Chopper's Garage" on the back.
He really appreciates my/your business!
One of these days I might be able to buy one in person.
wilks3
:USA

Last edited:
The only Harley T-Shirt I will buy says "Chopper's Garage" on the back.
He really appreciates my/your business!
One of these days I might be able to buy one in person.
wilks3
:USA

I'll drink to that. Chopper and I live at opposite ends of our great nation. But I would love to visit Mr. Motorcycle man's shop and buy one of his Tshirts too. I have about 10 or so friends (some on this forum) that have been to Chops shop.

I'd say the 30-min ride to competitor would be quite theraputical...and nice payback when you walk back into Lakeland dealership sporting the competitor's t-shirt...:p

This is where you guys have me beat. While I like my shop, I am worried about long term future service.

In the past, the owner of the dealership has tried to sell it several times. There has been rumors that a Nascar driver has been making offers for years.

My interest is my mechanic and the parts guys, great folks. My fear is that any change in ownership or management might have existing employees go to other dealerships. A few have left and gone to a competing dealership in Janesville, Wisconsin.

There's not much a loyal customer base can do when the owner of the shop simply loses interest in being that owner.

Well I'm probably going to get some flac for this but here goes anyway. It seems that while we all like to get a freeby (who doesn't) and I do think what happened to RWB was poor business practice, we cannot lose site of why the Dealers are in business. By offering more types of products the dealers are just trying to increase thier market share. We gripe when something we want has to be ordered but we forget that if the dealer keeps it on a shelf they have to pay fed tax as it is deemed an asset even before it sells. We search the Web for the cheapest price after we go in and try something on to see what size we take. Don't get me wrong I want a bargin as much as the next guy, but I understand that if I don't support my local dealer I'll be riding another 100 miles when he closes his doors. If your dealer or their staff isn't treating you the way you want write a letter to the dealer offering ways to improve customer relations.

I missed this earlier, I've been so busy. But first off I understand what you are trying to say Don, I'm not one of the bullheaded types. I admit I order from Zanottis and I only go to this dealer to get parts I need right away. But the thing with this is, I only wanted what I felt by rights I had coming to me. If a dealer is going to offer something, then offer it. And don't chicken your way around it with practice like this. If they had not offered it, I would not have any thing coming.

But the fact is I came, I sat, I paid around $30 worth of merchandise before I got off the same stool. I should get a hole punched on my $20 purchase card. And for that matter I'm not even the type to go there, buy $23 worth of stuff, walk out, put it in my truck and then walk right back in and purchase $24 worth again and LEGALLY under their own rules get holes punched each time.

But I don't do that kind of activity. But when you treat me like they did, I'm thinking I might.

RWB in my post I stated that what happened to you was very poor customer service. I agree that if something is offered the dealer should bend over backwards to make sure that the customer gets it. I always told my employees that if you do a good job and the customer is satisfied, he or she might tell 2 or 3 people about the job. Do something wrong or have the customer walk away mad and dissatisfied and he or she will tell 100 people. At the very least the counter person should have called the manager to get the situation taken care of. I know as an employer I wanted to know the minute someone had a complaint.

RWB in my post I stated that what happened to you was very poor customer service. I agree that if something is offered the dealer should bend over backwards to make sure that the customer gets it. I always told my employees that if you do a good job and the customer is satisfied, he or she might tell 2 or 3 people about the job. Do something wrong or have the customer walk away mad and dissatisfied and he or she will tell 100 people. At the very least the counter person should have called the manager to get the situation taken care of. I know as an employer I wanted to know the minute someone had a complaint.

I pretty much knew you meant that, cause I know you. But I just wanted to be clear on my point of view as far as the Dealer went. I went back there today. Evidently they don't check their email often, since the same guy was there and didn't say nothing about it. Another guy waited on me though. It's a crazy world. The guy that said he couldn't punch my card yesterday is very young. Looks to be just out of High School. I can't fault him that much at his age, he is still learning. He is very bright though and efficient I will give him that. As to why he wanted to ring up the one item first is beyond me.

Just goes to show when you think nah that couldn't be like that, it probably is, so STAY PARANOID AND WIRED to be ready for the next occurance :lolrolling yea right, life's too short. But tell you what though, I ain't like one them guys you got to tell over and over. Next time I'm still looking at other items and some guy goes for the cash register, I'm gonna go ballistic and say hey, what you think you are doing ? ! :cheers I do love them HD Tshirts though.

Back