free website stats program SOLD MY SPORTY - what's my new bike? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SOLD MY SPORTY - what's my new bike?

Touchy are we, I was repling to the OP , he was considering a RK, springer or maybe a dyna, with that in mind I gave an opinion, not a critque on anybodys personal choice of wheels..Jeesh. A little insecurity out there it seems.

Go with the bagger. I went from an 883 to a RK with no problem sold it for food and shelter a few years back after my daughter was born. Back down to a 1200 sporty. That got old quick after having a bagger. Sold it and got another bagger. This time went with the 2011 RGC 103. Food and shelter no longer an issue.

I sold my 98 Sportster last fall and went with a 06 Heritage Softail. Go look at them and bring home the one that calls out to ya ! You'll know it when ya see it.

I just opened this and you have recieved some really sound advise. Both bikes you are looking at are great platforms for different types of riding. The dyna or the RK will give a great ride. I think what you have to determine is what type of riding you like to do and if you will be solo or two up most of the time. My money on a long term bike is the RK because it offers a very comfortable platform, solo or two up and with addons can become a great touring machine.

Just cut to the chase:::: "Sooner or later, someday you will own a bagger."
Just go for the King and you will never want to stop riding....Cause the comfort of the King is were its at.....

Just cut to the chase:::: "Sooner or later, someday you will own a bagger."
Just go for the King and you will never want to stop riding....Cause the comfort of the King is were its at.....

what he said, mine is set up solo

Touchy are we, I was repling to the OP , he was considering a RK, springer or maybe a dyna, with that in mind I gave an opinion, not a critque on anybodys personal choice of wheels..Jeesh. A little insecurity out there it seems.

No scrutiny at all from me my friend. It seemed the poster was concerned with his choice of wheels coming from the sale of his sportster and may be considering a dyna as the next step based on experience before going to another larger model. Just giving my opinion based on my experience and his post.....not yours. It is all good!:D

No scrutiny at all from me my friend. It seemed the poster was concerned with his choice of wheels coming from the sale of his sportster and may be considering a dyna as the next step based on experience before going to another larger model. Just giving my opinion based on my experience and his post.....not yours. It is all good!:D

No problems here it just seems to give the OP the info he needs to make a good decision more info easier decisions but not insecure in any shape or form JMO:s

when i got the RK thought it was too heavy (NOT) heavier than the softail but that is to be expected. took it around the neighborhood a few times to get use to the feel and handling then hit the road. never looked back

I agree. It's a couple of hundred pounds from the 883 to the RK. With your experience, that should not be a problem. IMO it's when you try to muscle the bike around things get interesting. Let the bike do the work; we ride them.

Back