free website stats program Softail Heritage vs. Road King | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Heritage vs. Road King

There is no wrong choice.When I'm at an H-D Dealership, I would like to bring home one of each

you too? :)

by the way, I really like the color scheme of your ride. I like a lot of the 2008 two-colored choices for the heritage... I actually think I'm going to look for the suede blue/black one... I think that's a sweet looking ride. Regardless of which year or color I would buy, I'm puttin' whitewall tires on them. That's a timeless look in my book. And I agree, the studs on the bags are old school. That is what I like about the styling of the heritage and RKC (even though I am only 35 years old), the traditional old-school look.

Welcome King, and ride safe

Drew

Thanks for the welcome,Drew.I agree about the Heritage being old school.Quite frankly,the reason i ride one is because,other than the modern refinements,its the same motorcycle my father rode more than 50 years ago.

No doubt about the wide whitewall tires, they look so nice on those Heritages. I'm gonna put them on on my next set.

Wide whites on a Heritage is the only way to go.I had mine installed before i took delivery.The dealer even gave me credit for the blackwalls he removed.

No doubt about the wide whitewall tires, they look so nice on those Heritages. I'm gonna put them on on my next set.

That's on my list of things to do next summer. The white walls just give it that extra touch. I was never a fan of the on cages or trucks but on the Heritage they look great.

Hey Smitty, I've read a lot of your posts and it seems to me that you really know what you're talking about. Im a total pup when it comes to bike knowlege. Which bike or what model bike would you suggest for sombody that is 6'4 with a 36" inseam? Also, I need room for my ol' lady. Thanks

Thanks for the info Hobbit! I found a few nice bikes on chopper exchange .com. Do you or does anyone else know if chopper exchange is a legit place to look? Or is it like ebay in the fact you never really know what you're gonna get till its too late?

I test rode the RK again, and while it is super smooth and easy to handle, the seating position and overall comfort is definitely inferior to the Heritage. I suppose I would be able to construct the Heritage feel on a RK through different seat and handle bars... but the Heritage already has the perfect set up for me as stock.

The only reason this isn't an easy, clear-cut decision for me is the ABS option for the RK... that is something, all else equal, I would like to have. But, I suppose being comfortable on your MC is important as well.

still trying to figure this out

Drew

Actually Thought I wanted a Road King to begin with but the Heritage kept Calling my Name .. When found a Buy on 2004 with less than 5 K on it a Carlini Bars with Kuryakin Grips and Floorboards the Debate was Over...

Beautiful bike! Just needs some whitewall tires :54:

Back