free website stats program So when buying USED? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

So when buying USED?

I bought a used 95 from my brother-inlaw for $10k which I thought was a good deal.

I wanted a used carburated bike that was chain driven and had lots of storage space and was slightly beat up so I did not have to worry about theft to much.

By the time I get it certified I will have spent another $3.5 K on it.

Things I knew about.
Tire replacement. $1000
Clutch/throttle cables. $225
Seat recovered $100

Unexpected things
S&S carb issues. $100
New S&S carb after bike fell off my lift. $1000
New speakers $125
New Coil/wires $75
Leaking front end. $800

Some may argue thats to much money and that I could have bought a newer bike, but its a Harley and its mine.

I just put a used 97 up on the classifieds page for $9500. It's a great buy. With 19k miles, a 1340 EVO is barely broken in, IMO.

I bought a used 95 from my brother-inlaw for $10k which I thought was a good deal.

I wanted a used carburated bike that was chain driven and had lots of storage space and was slightly beat up so I did not have to worry about theft to much.

By the time I get it certified I will have spent another $3.5 K on it.

Things I knew about.
Tire replacement. $1000
Clutch/throttle cables. $225
Seat recovered $100

Unexpected things
S&S carb issues. $100
New S&S carb after bike fell off my lift. $1000
New speakers $125
New Coil/wires $75
Leaking front end. $800

Some may argue thats to much money and that I could have bought a newer bike, but its a Harley and its mine.

No worries Dan...like the commericial says after all the above...PRICELESS! Initially the cost seems high, but couple of years and you'll be measuring SMILES PER MILE :D Besides don't get a HUMPTY DUMPTY complex over the "lifting accident"...it did not take all that much did it? :small3d011:

Back