free website stats program So it is Football Season | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

So it is Football Season

Feel free to come over Sunday and cut my grass while I watch football :D
BTW, I'm a die hard NY GIANTS fan. Not a band wagoner. Been a fan for 35 yrs. Suffered through terrible seasons as well as 4 Super Bowl championships. Don't think we'll repeat this year, and if we don't get our act together, there's a chance we don't even make the playoffs. Washington could win the division and the cowgirls aren't out of it just yet.

No hablo English....:lero:lero

Sorry to say but...

I've been (was) an avid Sports fan all of my life... until the past ten years or so. Played a ton of baseball, football and hockey as a kid. Was actually a pretty decent football player as I recall.

Now, at 60, I've totally lost interest. Professional Players now strike me as either vastly over-paid Primma-donna's with zero respect for their Coaches, much less their fans.

Or... they are thugs. Overgrown children bent on causing harm and career ending injuries to their fellow players.

Sportsmanship? Long gone.

Loyalty / Teamwork? Yeah, right.

Role Model awareness, Responsibile Behaviour? Very few.

It's all really just big busine$$ now, even College ball, and yes, now trickling down to HS ball.

I choose to go riding instead of wasting three hours every Sunday afternoon, contributing to the charade.

Bob

Sorry to say but...

I've been (was) an avid Sports fan all of my life... until the past ten years or so. Played a ton of baseball, football and hockey as a kid. Was actually a pretty decent football player as I recall.

Now, at 60, I've totally lost interest. Professional Players now strike me as either vastly over-paid Primma-donna's with zero respect for their Coaches, much less their fans.

Or... they are thugs. Overgrown children bent on causing harm and career ending injuries to their fellow players.

Sportsmanship? Long gone.

Loyalty / Teamwork? Yeah, right.

Role Model awareness, Responsibile Behaviour? Very few.

It's all really just big busine$$ now, even College ball, and yes, now trickling down to HS ball.

I choose to go riding instead of wasting three hours every Sunday afternoon, contributing to the charade.

Bob

For the most part, you are correct. There are still players that are role models, give back to the community, and are team players. You just don't hear about them as often as you do the thugs that are constantly in trouble. As far as loyalty goes, thats a two way street. The owners show no loyalty to players and vice versa. It's all about the money to the players and championships to the owners (as well as money). Yes, its a big business. Basketball is the worst when it comes to thugs, and the "look at me" attitude. What can I do to pad my stats so I can get a bigger contract next year??? Screw the team, I just want to score more points so I can get a bigger house or buy fancier SUV's with the spinning wheels for my entourage. A lot of the superstars of yesterday would have played just for the love of the game. You won't find that anymore. And I blame the fans for a lot of this. If we as fans continue to pay outrageous prices for tickets, jerseys, food & beers at the games, they will continue to raise the prices. If I want to take my son to see a cowboys game, cheap seats, parking, food and drinks, will cost me $400-$500 a game. Thats ridiculous. I'll stay home and watch it on my 65" HD tv where beers are cheap, no lines at the restrooms (unless my daughters are here too), and the only obnoxious drunks are me :D
Whew..... I feel much better now.

Packer Backer Here!!!:D:D

My cousins kid won a contest and gets to do the Lambeau Leap at half time in tonights game against the Lions.
How cool is that! Hoping they show it.

Back