free website stats program So I have to ask.......? | Harley Davidson Forums

So I have to ask.......?

Tony T.

Since I bought this Electra Glide and being just under 30 i get a whole lot of "your not 50 why did you get that bike?" rubbish. Who else around here has a big bagger and is in my age range or younger? Stand up and be counted and post a pic of your cushy ride! I love this bike and its the best purchase i have made since buyin' a house!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I bought this Electra Glide and being just under 30 i get a whole lot of "your not 50 why did you get that bike?" rubbish. Who else around here has a big bagger and is in my age range or younger? Stand up and be counted and post a pic of your cushy ride! I love this bike and its the best purchase i have made since buyin' a house!

Your under 30 and you bought a "Geezer Glide"!!!!!!!!!!!!
j/K
Bikes are as individual and diverse as the people who ride them. A lot has to do what you are going to do with it. I could ride my rigid 46 from LA to NY if I wanted to but would probably have to spend a week in traction if I did. So I also have a glide so I can do LT's in comfort. Around town and short 200 mile or less rides I use the 46. To the people who give you grief blow em off their problem not yours you know what you like and you bought it case closed. Enjoy!

A lot has to do what you are going to do with it.

Yeap, am with Flashback on this one,:), I was the one with a V-Rod on a group of 4 friends with baggers. I always gave them (edited) about those big bikes!:15:
We range between 36-43 years of age. I wanted to have the kool looking ride but for the long rides I had to use a T-bag about 3 feet tall to carry my overnite gear, I got me a bagger, and I love it.:D now I can carry my hair dryer and all my hair gel with no issues about space. :rofl
I been modifying it to make it look more sportier, like stripping it down a bit and a smaller seat.
Baggers Rules!!:bigsmiley12:

Attachments

• CIMG0001.jpg
    CIMG0001.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
A Moooo Glide, lol. Hey I’m 53 and ride a Fatboy. I like it’s versatility, sharp with a solo seat and naked,, toss on that big ol fat touring seat for two up all day sucker with the windshield, quick release back rest and rack with bag… zap on the factory seat for just local putting and perhaps the windscreen. HD makes a bike for every one, trick is getting one that meets your needs not the one that meets your ego.

It's like the old saying "If the wife is happy , we are all happy"
Same thing here, If you are happy, (and the butt) who cares what others think.
Enjoy the ride and have fun. And ride safe!

I supose I should include a pic of it too! And just to put all my friends in their places this summer I have decided I'm gonna teach myself to do wheelies on it! It will earn its own respect then! I love the bike and I bought it simply so I can ride all week and not just a feew hours. But after all the other comments am I to assume I'm the youngest owner of one on here? I have cut down the windshield tho since these pics were taken. :D

Attachments

• DSCF0064.jpg
    DSCF0064.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF0094.jpg
    DSCF0094.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF0059.jpg
    DSCF0059.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 70
Yeah, that definitely says "I'm over 50 with hemorrhoids, joint problems, a bad back and swollen prostate". Just make sure your donut don't stick out where people can see it. Get a long leather jacket so it covers all the seat. Is a sidehack and trailer next, there, old timer? Lose the geezer bike and get a springer or something like that. All of this is in jest, of course. Congratulations on the bike and may you have many happy and safe miles on it. DK and Glider, I know this hit awful close to your dugouts. Sorry. (Not) :p:D

Very close Joe:s You Know you shouldn't be smoking a joint when you ride!:lolrolling

i wish i could go back in time and have that flt rather than that 72 sporty that i had to kick (ouch)my knee can't take that abuse yeah it was fun but to go on a 6 hr run killed me plus all the swacking from old lady....

Back