free website stats program Snow down south | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Snow down south

Trying to get home to DFW this morning. Ain't gonna happen, they just shut the airport down.

I guess I'll be "forced" in to checking out some Harley shops here in SoCal today until i get rebooked.:D

Trying to get home to DFW this morning. Ain't gonna happen, they just shut the airport down.

I guess I'll be "forced" in to checking out some Harley shops here in SoCal today until i get rebooked.:D

sounds like it was rental time while you were there, lol. I would have! it's in the thirties here in NC now...and raining....

+4° outside now. Last night was - 11°F. Been wearing long johns since last Thursday. This is a bit cooler than normal. Coldest I have seen here was -30°F. I was on a 2 1/2 inch hose that night. When we returned to the Station, I took a 20 minute hot shower to warm up. A few days later it was +10°F. I went outside and split wood in a t-shirt.

When I was young and stupid ( as opposed to old and stupid now) I wrapped a cotton rope on the rear wheel and rode to school. I soon found sisal rope lasted longer.

+4° outside now. Last night was - 11°F. Been wearing long johns since last Thursday. This is a bit cooler than normal. Coldest I have seen here was -30°F. I was on a 2 1/2 inch hose that night. When we returned to the Station, I took a 20 minute hot shower to warm up. A few days later it was +10°F. I went outside and split wood in a t-shirt.

When I was young and stupid ( as opposed to old and stupid now) I wrapped a cotton rope on the rear wheel and rode to school. I soon found sisal rope lasted longer.

Thats crazy! lol. The coldest temps I can remember ever seeing was -42 degrees in upstate New York. That was with the wind chill of course. I think the actual temp was -24 degrees or so If I remember correctly...

I used to walk to school,it was about a mile.Even with a parka you'd have to walk backwards.40-50 below wasn't unusual.

Back