free website stats program signal lights,cruise control, horn, brake lights gone | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

signal lights,cruise control, horn, brake lights gone

Same thing happened to me, but in my case it only took 6 months for it to rear its ugly head. In addition to the wires in the handlebar controls being pinched, there was a wire inside the fairing that was rubbing on the stereo heatsink & wore through, which also popped the same fuse. Took the dealer awhile to figure that one out...

Glad you got it fixed!

Also, mine threw a B1124 code a few days ago- RH turn signal problem. Gotta dig into that this weekend. Dealer replaced the RH handlebar controls last year when the start switch died, and I'll bet they pinched the wires when they put it all back together again... :(

Pinched wires are easy in the control assy halves. One of the major causes is some factory wiring have double the wiring count and splices, they even have two diagrams in the service manual. If you got the one with the extra splices it is pretty packed in there...careful reassembly is required!

Back