free website stats program signal lights,cruise control, horn, brake lights gone | Harley Davidson Forums

signal lights,cruise control, horn, brake lights gone

Have a 2007 ultra. While riding home in wet conditions I lost my elecricals to the horn, brake lights both signals and the cruise control system.
I have checked the basics like fuses and connectors and all seems ok.
Am I missing something that is the root cause of this gremlin

the code came up a U1016 loss of ECM serial data. Does this mean the computer has went south on me or can it be re-installed?
Things always go bad when you are ready to do some riding

I have 3 questions for you:

1. Are you sure your battery cables are snug at both ends of each cable?
2. Is your bike charging properly.
3. Do you have a piggyback style fuel manager?

Try pulling all the fuses and see if there is moisture or corrosion replace with some dilectric grease and give it a try:s

Cables are tight, bike charging at the proper rate and have stock system nothing piggy backed onto it.
The bike runs perfect except for this major glitch. I have cleaned all the fuse areas with electrical cleaners and did a manual scrub of the affected fuse pod.
I even checked the battery condition as far as strength re cranking amps and volt values. All seems normal.

Cables are tight, bike charging at the proper rate and have stock system nothing piggy backed onto it.
The bike runs perfect except for this major glitch. I have cleaned all the fuse areas with electrical cleaners and did a manual scrub of the affected fuse pod.
I even checked the battery condition as far as strength re cranking amps and volt values. All seems normal.

No codes, right?

TQ

Thanks for your help with my problem. I have found the glitch and thought I should share the find.
The culprit was on the right handle bar assm. The wires were pinched during assembly. Where the cables went into the throttle housing and the switches they had been crushed when they tighten up the mount to the bar. This in turn crushed the wires. It took this long (23007 to 2010) to finally wear throught the outer casing of the wire and short the different electrical systems.
Im removed and re-wrap the affected area and reinstall. Making sure the wires are not being crushed between the mount and the handle bars.
Everything back to normal woo-who!!

Great job! Electrical problems can be a nightmare! Glad you got it sussed.

TQ

Back