free website stats program Should I trade 07 Yamaha for 2001 RK? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Should I trade 07 Yamaha for 2001 RK?

...Street Glide is still too high for me, I have about a 26 3/4 inseam.
Dealer said it could not be lowered.

Dealer is misinformed; Mine just lowered my wife's 2009 Street Glide.
Kit number 54564-09 (Touring Front Lowering Kit)

Anything can be done if you want to do it and pay for it! There is a company that is on e-bay that will do any harley shocks for you to whatever length you need. You can lower the front of the bike with a front end lowering kit. Change the seat if it is still the stock one.

If money isn't the issue I would not buy the 01 Road King. I just bought my 09 Street Glide and after having a 99 RK for the last 9 years it's one huge difference in the ride. Well worth spending the extra money.

And as everyone has said sell your other bike outright yourself, you will get more for it. When I traded my 93 Heritage for my 99 I took it in the shorts because I wanted what I wanted and I wanted it right now!! I was also 2500 miles fom home on business and didn't want to ride the Heritage that far again.
That's why I did not trade my RK in for the new bike. I'll keep it it's paid for.:cheers

Hehehe, isn't this disease great? Take the advice here, I felt that half the fun was the shopping. I looked at every brand & style of bike before getting my deuce. I sort of had 2 models in mind, but after looking over the winter at many different dealers, I found the right bike for me. I knew it as soon as I sat on it. Have fun, & enjoy. BTW, there is no cure.

Well, I did it.
Purchased a 2009 (red) Street Glide.
Had to add a Sundowner seat to help me get lower, but still not flat foot.
Tried the reach seat and it was lower, but dealer said the Sundowner would be more comfortable for long rides.

Hope I made the right choice, never had a Harley. I figured the Road King was too close in bike style to my Yamaha, so I decided on the SG.

Should have it next week.

Frank

Well, I did it.
Purchased a 2009 (red) Street Glide.
Had to add a Sundowner seat to help me get lower, but still not flat foot.
Tried the reach seat and it was lower, but dealer said the Sundowner would be more comfortable for long rides.

Hope I made the right choice, never had a Harley. I figured the Road King was too close in bike style to my Yamaha, so I decided on the SG.

Should have it next week.

Frank

I have a feeling you will not regret the Street Glide decision, but then I am heavily biased.

Congratulations! :cheers

Thank you, now I need to look at getting a Harley Jacket, ....
I must have the fever, could have purchased a new car, but love to ride!

Frank

Thank you, now I need to look at getting a Harley Jacket, ....
I must have the fever, could have purchased a new car, but love to ride!

Frank

You know you've got it bad when you start saying, "I need a Harley this and I need a Harley that." Harley makes great motorcycles, on that we all agree. As far as jackets, boots, gloves, helmets, and so on, they make pretty good stuff but there are tons of other companies making great stuff at competitive or better prices. If you're one of those people that everything HAS to say "Harley Davidson" on it, shop Ebay or wait for sales at the dealers , and you'll be one happy rider!

Picked up my bike yesterday.
Had to ride about 60 miles one way in the rain, but what a ride I had back.
Bike is smooth, glides into gear. I'm loving it and glad to be part of the Harley group.

Can't wait till we have nice weather again. (end of season)
Sundowner did lower me a bit, but still not flat foot.

Regards,

Frank

Back