free website stats program Should I trade 07 Yamaha for 2001 RK? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Should I trade 07 Yamaha for 2001 RK?

The problem is the RK is too high for me, until they do the lowering kit.
I am not sure that even then it will be low enough, no dealer has a bike that has the lowering kit already added.

I won't jump, but I sure want to get it.

Thanks
Frank

The problem is the RK is too high for me, until they do the lowering kit.
I am not sure that even then it will be low enough, no dealer has a bike that has the lowering kit already added.

I won't jump, but I sure want to get it.

Thanks
Frank

Only one thing to say....

HARLEY FEVER!!!

yeah, i think he has Harley fever. Don't worry, everybody on this site has had it too. it doesn't get any better. Once you have it, you will never get rid of it.

I traded my 05 Yammie 1100 classic on a 2000 RK. I love my RK!! What ever you do get an extended warrenty. Worth every penny when buying a used bike from the dealer.

I would say look around, don't jump on the first bike you see. Used bikes in the dealership are more expensive than buying them through a private seller.

Harley Fever? What is that? :25: I have never had Harley Fever. I didn't start looking at my next bike with in 6 months of buying my last one. No. Never.

Sure there is a pill but it is still in R&D and will cost 1000s for a 3 month supply, dut to HD lobbyists in Washington :D:D:D:D

Frocco,

Hello. I rode a 2006 Stratoliner with 4000 miles before I bought my Fat Boy. I liked it and it had good power. I am only 5'8" and I fit that bike fine. It handled okay, but was not quite what I wanted. I waited and found my 2000 Fat Boy with 22000 miles. It had some nice add ons, including a Mikuni carb and Rinehart pipes. It was lowered about two inches and had beach bars on it. It fit me perfect, the old owner was only an inch taller. The power is about the same as the Stratoliner. I am sure the pipes and carb help. I truly believe the Fat Boy handles better, maybe because it is lower.

I know I am biased as I was only looking at the Stratoliner because my first Fat Boy deal went south. My brother has a bike shop and he had a great deal on this bike. I rode it for a day.

I then looked on Craigs list. There are some real deals on Harleys on there, at least in Md.

You may want to try to sell your bike first and then have cash to go buy what you want. I ended up paying $8800 for my Fat Boy with lots of extras and it looks brand new.

Anytime you are involving a dealer, you are not getting a great deal as I am sure you know. I never checked on Craigs List until someone else brought it up to me and I was amazed, much better prices than Ebay.

The best thing about owning a Harley is you don't have to explain anything to anyone. I know the Yamaha is a nice bike and may live a long time, but felt like I would always have to explain why I bought it instead of a Harley. I am not some kind of egomaniac who has to do what others think, but most people on this board will know what I am talking about. Most of us don't care what others think about what we ride. I don't care what others ride. It is just nice to pull up on my bike.

Anyway, ride whatever you are going to buy. I am sure if you like your bike, you can modify it a little to make it more comfortable. If you have to have a Harley, check out some used ones. You will find what I did. There are many out there that have already been modified for more than a fair price.

Just my .02. Good Luck!!

Ride Safe!

Eric

Back