free website stats program Should I see a doctor when I get home? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Should I see a doctor when I get home?

No Motorcycles! Sounds like the cure you need is a new place to go for vacations!!

Nah, that's the ONLY negative thing I can say about the place. Besides, on a family vacation with the wife and 2 teenagers, motorcycling isn't exactly priority number one. Hope I don't get banned from here for saying that!

Hey Doc, I figured as much about the 'no motorcycles' at HH, but I kind of hoped that if I didn't actually say it, it wouldn't be true. Oh well, I just found out that hubby made different plans to use our trailer for some other things on our vacation next week so we can't take them. (Back in WV for more than a weekend). Therefore, I may have to come back early to get some rides in. Bummer.....dial up internet, no scenic rides through the mountains......ahh, but I will have plenty to keep me busy.

Hey Doc, I figured as much about the 'no motorcycles' at HH, but I kind of hoped that if I didn't actually say it, it wouldn't be true. Oh well, I just found out that hubby made different plans to use our trailer for some other things on our vacation next week so we can't take them. (Back in WV for more than a weekend). Therefore, I may have to come back early to get some rides in. Bummer.....dial up internet, no scenic rides through the mountains......ahh, but I will have plenty to keep me busy.

OK, let me clarify, and it's kind of confusing if you've never been to Hilton Head. The island has several "plantations", kind of like huge subdivisions, where most of the rental condos and a couple nice hotels are located. You must have a pass to get through the gate to these private areas. These plantations are where motorcycles have been banned. The rest of the island is very public and motorcycles are no problem.

Yeh, I'll have to agree. Symptoms very serious, but normal. Caution advised. I had an injury result from the manifestation of the same illness. I was in my own cage when a group of bikes passed in the opposite direction. In a reflexive and sudden move my left arm slammed into the window that was rolled up, shattering to pieces my well intentioned waving hand.:s :s :s :p

Seeing a Doctor about anything having to do with motorcycles is not going to have the desired effect.I suggest going for a ride when you get home.

Seeing a Doctor about anything having to do with motorcycles is not going to have the desired effect.I suggest going for a ride when you get home.

Did it today - short but oh so sweet. All symptoms are gone now!

Man you need to get on the Glide and ride! Don't forget the Chrome pills on the way home... you may have to sneak those in tho... :)

My wife said that the only thing i want to do in my spare time (what little I have) is ride my Harley. I guess it is a good thing that i have about 150 mile round trip to work and I get to ride back and forth on some good country road to help keep me in check.

Get off the island immediately, proceed directly to the nearest HD shop and rent, buy or steal a bike(J/K don't steal).
4 or 5 miles in the saddle will reduce some of the symptoms. YOU ARE IN MOTORCYCLE WITHDRAWL!!! This very serious and should not be taken lightly!!!

Back