free website stats program Should I see a doctor when I get home? | Harley Davidson Forums

Should I see a doctor when I get home?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
So I've been on vacation on Hilton Head Island all this week with my wife and kids. This is one of the greatest places on earth! That being said, how come the entire week all I did was daydream about motorcycles and riding? I've spent hours on Ebay checking out T Bags, Sundowner seats, adjustable backrests, and anything else I could think of. I've been on this forum a minimum of four times a day. I've even been waving at bikers as they ride by - when I'm in my car or on a bicycle! We were on a bicycle ride the other day when a group of four HD riders went by, 2 men and 2 women on Dynas and Road Kings, and without even thinking I let out a war whoop so loud my family thought I'd been attacked by a swarm of hornets!

So, should I seek professional help when I get home or is this something that will subside as soon as I sit my butt down on my Street Glide again?
I sure am going to feel guilty later today watching everyone else unpack the cars while I pull out of the garage for a reunion ride!

So I've been on vacation on Hilton Head Island all this week with my wife and kids. This is one of the greatest places on earth! That being said, how come the entire week all I did was daydream about motorcycles and riding? I've spent hours on Ebay checking out T Bags, Sundowner seats, adjustable backrests, and anything else I could think of. I've been on this forum a minimum of four times a day. I've even been waving at bikers as they ride by - when I'm in my car or on a bicycle! We were on a bicycle ride the other day when a group of four HD riders went by, 2 men and 2 women on Dynas and Road Kings, and without even thinking I let out a war whoop so loud my family thought I'd been attacked by a swarm of hornets!

So, should I seek professional help when I get home or is this something that will subside as soon as I sit my butt down on my Street Glide again?
I sure am going to feel guilty later today watching everyone else unpack the cars while I pull out of the garage for a reunion ride!

Seems about normal.:58:

No doctor needed, just get your chrome pills & go for a ride ASAP! Next, buy a trailer so you can take the bike with you on vacation! I'd rather trailer a bike and get to ride it some than have to leave it behind for the whole time and not ride! :D

I'm not sure.My professional opinion is that it's not good to hold your emotions
in check.If that's your NORMAL behaviour each time you see a H-D AND have
been unable to ride for some time,then i fear you need to express more.
Perhaps you could really show others the true extent of your feelings by
being truly emotional!:bigsmiley10:

No doctor needed, just get your chrome pills & go for a ride ASAP! Next, buy a trailer so you can take the bike with you on vacation! I'd rather trailer a bike and get to ride it some than have to leave it behind for the whole time and not ride! :D

Better yet get your wife a bike of her own and put the kids on the back seats!
The family that rides together stays together!!

Sounds serious. I'm not sure chrome pills will relieve your symptoms. Sounds more like a acute case of Streeglideritis. Only real treatment is multiple rides and extensive accesoriizing. Chrome pills will help, but not truly treat the symptoms.

Thanks for all the advice and support!

Joy - trailering is not an option and will be the subject of a future thread I plan on starting. Unfortunately, due to past behavior, motorcycles are not allowed in most of the private plantation areas of the island and that's where we rent.

I'm too tired and under the influence of several international beers to think about posting the thread now but it's coming soon!

Thanks for all the advice and support!

Joy - trailering is not an option and will be the subject of a future thread I plan on starting. Unfortunately, due to past behavior, motorcycles are not allowed in most of the private plantation areas of the island and that's where we rent.

I'm too tired and under the influence of several international beers to think about posting the thread now but it's coming soon!

No Motorcycles! Sounds like the cure you need is a new place to go for vacations!!

Back