free website stats program Short Windshield Benefits | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Short Windshield Benefits

I ride a Road King, and I have custom shield that is 4 inches lower than stock. I just look over the shield and love it.

Interesting conversation that I'll be able to "A-B" very soon!

My main ride, my red 2003 Ultra, has the stock "high" windshield, which I "look through", and REALLY like, for the full protection it gives.

My "new" bike, a 100TH Anniversary model 2003 Ultra I just bought, has the shorter lightly smoked shield installed, which I will most definitely be looking "over".

I'm looking forward to finding out which I prefer, since it will be an "apples to apples" comparison, the bikes being the same.

Richard, I am looking forward to your thoughts on this when you do your comparison. Don't forget to tell us what size and kind your lower one is.

Try looking at the Klock Werks. I put one on and I love it. Protection from the wind and at 3.5" tall no obstruction at all. It really does wonders as the air flows right over my head.

I prefer looking just over the shield because I can see soo much better. I ditched my stocker immediately and went with a clearview recurve. I like the look of the shorter dark grey shield and the recurve adds another 2" to the shield. JMO.

the best height of a windshield is, the top of the windshield should be the same height of the tip of your nose,while sitting comfortably in your seat.Thaat way you are looking over your windshield while riding with very little wind buffeting.

I ride a 2001 Ultra. When I bought my bike the winshield had a small crack on the right hand edge. The dealer replaced it with a stock 9.5 inch shield. I took the old one and using the bottom ot the new shield for a pattern, I marked and cut off the old one to approximately 6.5 inches. I use the shorter one during the summer when its hot and the taller, which I still look over when the weather is cooler. In my opinion, the best of both worlds.

Back