free website stats program shocks | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

shocks

Bikes WILL carry double the amount of weight they Post...

Not recommended to do so but CAN...

Look at the tires. They Will tell you the limits on them. add them together and you will have another measure to go by...

Then again, the limit IS a safety limit and usually you can add a good 1/3 more it Will carry... Weights are put in for safety.
(they have to call it a SAFETY lie, using the lesser amounts by LAW)

The soft tail has always meant to me you NEED a soft tail to ride it.

I rented one over in the Islands once and took it back the second day replacing it with a 1200 sport... I had a Much better ride on the sportster then the softail...

Hitting bottom is on Most bikes UNTIL you can suffer the High setting on the shocks on a regular rear mount or the LITTLE adjustment on the center frame Hinged shock...

LOOKS are beautiful on the softail and looks OVER trumped the Ride...

You will just have togive or take here and if you tighten you will STILL be hitting Bottom..

Yes hitting bottom Can do damage to the frame. They know it AND knew it long ago,,,,,,, now you know it.

The do advertise replacements for Both styles of damping??? on how good they work.. STIFF because of the LACK of movement..

Some dirt type bike have an abundance of room for the movement (both styles of shocks placement) but you need a step latter to get on them.:newsmile100:

LOVE my air over oil shocks on the KING...
They CAN adjust for ALL and I'm happy...

Just have to watch for the Pot holes on any ride OR drive machine.. Nothing is perfect but Mine is CLOSE...

signed....BUBBIE

Back