free website stats program shocks | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

shocks

One thread showing after you tighten the lock nut? If so yes they are adjusted so that they are about at the max stiffness. They might be a wee bit stiff but now you know how to change that. Glad you have it adjusted and let us know how it worked out for you.

One thread showing after you tighten the lock nut? If so yes they are adjusted so that they are about at the max stiffness. They might be a wee bit stiff but now you know how to change that. Glad you have it adjusted and let us know how it worked out for you.

I took it out and tested it, it rides like a charm, 70 mph seems to be the perfect speed for this bike, smooth as can be.

Sounds like you have it set up you, good work. Now to work out the strategy to explain to the police officer why your going 70 in a 45 zone!

Thanks all for the help, it took about15mins to do. I have 1thread showing so to that means I can carry plenty of weight, is this correct.
WAP.gif

I'd Judge it by the ride.......

Not the amount of carry.....

Too Stiff and you will Need "Your Soft Tail" to be comfortable.:s

I love the air ride shocks on My touring bike............:bigsmiley18:

Easy to change out for the ride and adjust for the added weight...

signed....BUBBIE

I just bought a used 2012 Fatboy at Bruno's in Slidell, LA. I wanted the shocks adjusted for 2 up riding. The salesman and I went to get the service manager to set it up....he just laughed and told us the adjustment on those shocks wouldn't change a thing.
I found this weird. But he said it. He said the rubber guards on the frame would keep bottoming out from hurting the bike...said "don't worry about it"!
He said he would have to charge me labor for a useless job, so he just saved me some money. Wonder why the adjustment is there if it does nothing? (according to him)

The only thing you are changing is the preload on the springs, and yes it will make a difference on how the rear swingarm reacts to weight. I'm don't think I would be using the service dept. in Slidell for anything except maybe fluid changes.

I just bought a used 2012 Fatboy at Bruno's in Slidell, LA. I wanted the shocks adjusted for 2 up riding. The salesman and I went to get the service manager to set it up....he just laughed and told us the adjustment on those shocks wouldn't change a thing.
I found this weird. But he said it. He said the rubber guards on the frame would keep bottoming out from hurting the bike...said "don't worry about it"!
He said he would have to charge me labor for a useless job, so he just saved me some money. Wonder why the adjustment is there if it does nothing? (according to him)

It will make a difference and it has for me, Like HDDon said find another service department for any major work to be done.

My 2013 heritage softail is nice and comfortable the way it came except the rear bottoms out a lot with just me alone riding, no passenger. I ride alone most of the time and avoid carrying my wife because I'm worried about it causing damage.

I've been thinking of having the rear suspension adjusted but don't want the ride to become any firmer. As I said, I like it comfortable the way it is now, it soaks all the bumps up except for the bottoming out.

If I have it adjusted will it be a harder ride? Basically I want to keep it the way it rides now but with the ability to carry a passenger and/or luggage when required.

I weigh 315 pounds, my wife is around 185 pounds, together that's 500 pound without luggage or jackets, boots, etc. What weight limit can an FLSTC suspension handle?

Back