free website stats program Shifter return spring | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shifter return spring

thanks for that Stray dog :D

well got home from work early today and continued the strip down , bigger of the two springs broken and it fell to the bottom of the box causing no damage at all:D

gears bearings etc are all in fantastic condition so im well happy with that:)

so im all cleaned up and ready to Re-assemble im expecting delivery of the parts tomorrow.

ride safe

Chad:D

sorry for the late reply but the parts came through ok i had three good long evenings to get it done and finished on the friday eve with enough time to run her around the block to see alls well:)

then put 250 miles in on saturday and another 200 in on the sunday no leaks or glitches of any kind :D

oh and over a 200 mile run she used 2.5 Ltrs less fuel than a mates
BMW:laugh

Thanks for update & glad all good :D

Lots of work for a stinkin' spring eh?

it sure is , but in doing the work myself im beginning to appreciate the lovely way these bikes are engineered:)

im not sure if its me but now having done the work given the internals of the gearbox a good check over new fluids etc it feels like the gear changes are much better all in all the more i ride this bike the more i love it:D its looking like HD is really getting under my skin:yahoo

it sure is , but in doing the work myself im beginning to appreciate the lovely way these bikes are engineered:)

im not sure if its me but now having done the work given the internals of the gearbox a good check over new fluids etc it feels like the gear changes are much better all in all the more i ride this bike the more i love it:D its looking like HD is really getting under my skin:yahoo

Oh, It sounds like you got it bad! You cant get rid of it either. Your hooked....:D

And once the Harley bug gets you it can drag you in a direction you had not expected

Brian

Back