free website stats program She cut across a MAJOR ride - I went down - have a question... | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

She cut across a MAJOR ride - I went down - have a question...

Quickie status (I thought I had posted this, but apparently I didn't):

The driver's insurance company accepted liability and sent a check to fully rebuild the bike (2008 Electra Glide Classic). They also said they'd pay ALL of the medical bills, including ALL the bandages and other OTC medicines that I purchased for self-care. And there's supposed to be a "pain and suffering" settlement -- which would be kinda nice.

The dealership took the busted bike - bent frame and all - and the insurance check, and gave me back what I paid on the bike *MINUS $200*.

Let me say that again for those whose jaws just dropped: yes, my dealership treated me VERY well. They took my busted bike and the insurance check, and gave me my purchase price MINUS $200 as trade in on a NEW bike (yes, they knew I was gonna get back in the saddle as soon as I could ride again).

Considering that they're "eating" much of the profit on the bike, and they have to wait for painted tins before they can put the bike out on the floor to sell it (at least another few weeks), I have NO complaints.

My knee is almost completely healed, as are the scrapes on my elbow. My bruised hip still hurts, but it's on the mend as well. I'm still limping a bit, but that's getting better over time as well.

And I've been commuting to work on my new '09 Heritage! That's the bike in my avatar picture. That color scheme just SCREAMS "1957 Chevy Bel-Air", so I HAD to put visors on all the lights, a set of passenger footboards, and the leather Tour Pack.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Yes, the big lesson is that there are a lot of JERKS out there. BE CAREFUL and STAY ALERT... but, no matter how careful you are, bad [deleted] is gonna happen.

My wife grumbled a bit about my getting back on 2 wheels, but she knew that I'd be miserable if I couldn't ride. When the bike was delivered, we hugged... and she mumbled something in my ear about my having "9 lives"...

With all the negitive stuff about dealers out there, I'm glad to hear how well you'rs took care of you. Be safe on the new scoot!!!

Back