free website stats program Security Pager- Need Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Security Pager- Need Help

sampson80

Just had my security installed and I cannot get the pager to alert me/vibrate when the bike is being moved. The Security itself and FOB work fine, its just the pager. The service tech said he couldn't get the pager to vibrate, that it might just need to be charged overnight. I charged it, ran it through the set up process a couple times, still nothing. It seems like it is not linking up with the security on the bike. The instruction manuel is horrible and doesn't go into much troubleshooting tips for the pager. It really frusturates me that the service dept gave me something that wasn't 100% completely working when I picked it up, plus I had to ask for someone to come out and show me how it works when I picked it up. I guess the only good news is it is under warrenty since I am within 60 days of purchasing the bike but I just really expected more from HD from a service standpoint. Anyone have any other ideas?

It really frusturates me that the service dept gave me something that wasn't 100% completely working when I picked it up,

From the sound of that dealership, I might try removing the seat, just to make sure they installed a Siren II with the antenna wire and not just a plain optional siren. You should readily see the antenna wire that is used for the pager.

If you do find the antenna, the rest should be easy. Also check to see if the standby battery in the siren is charged by pulling your Maxi Fuse with the ignition key off. Siren should blow. (Your will loose your clock time in speedo).

From the sound of that dealership, I might try removing the seat, just to make sure they installed a Siren II with the antenna wire and not just a plain optional siren. You should readily see the antenna wire that is used for the pager.

If you do find the antenna, the rest should be easy. Also check to see if the standby battery in the siren is charged by pulling your Maxi Fuse with the ignition key off. Siren should blow. (Your will loose your clock time in speedo).

Thanks.. I pulled the seat to look for the antenna wire but didn't see anything resembling an Antenna wire but I could be looking over. Attached is a pic of under the seat.. maybe I am missing it?

Attachments

• SDC10486.jpg
    SDC10486.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 23
  • SDC10487.jpg
    SDC10487.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 24
Do you have the Smart Siren II or just the TSSM? The pager works with the siren. The antenna from the siren should come up under the seat from the left side and run across under the ECM connector.

Did you pull the fuse to see if you even have a siren? Nothing you wrote actually says you heard a siren blow. The siren has the transmitter for the pager,, not the security module. The siren comes in 2 versions, with and without the pager transmitter. 1st establish you do hear a siren blow. Your year bike and my 2009 Dyna use the same kit number. You can see the siren w/ antenna at the HD home site under "parts"=> Security to get an idea what your looking for.

On second thought, rather than pull the fuse to test the siren (because the standby battery may be low or dead), I would leave the fobs in another room away from the bike. Then lift the bike up off the jiffy stand. Siren show blow once (warning). Keep shaking the bike. After 3 warnings, the siren should blow for 30 seconds. Try it.

If it blows, then all you need to do is determine if you have a Siren II instead of a base model Siren. With my Dyna instructions, the antenna is right under the seat using a strip of Velcro. Yours may be a little different as 90FXRS suggested, across the ECM connector.

(It almost sounds like you only have fob security without a siren because you never mentioned you even heard a siren blow)

I do have the siren, I tested it yesterday. I am not sure I have the antena because I'm not sure how to tell. I found the security system box and from what I can see it has the one "plug" coming out of the center which looks to be about 3 different wires bundled together. I have attempted to re sync the pager with the system multiple times with no success. I will be taking it in for my 1k mile service this weekend and I will have them recheck to ensure they installed the correct system. I'm out of ideas. Thanks for all the help though, at least now I know what the siren box looks like and where its at.

68328-02 (doesn't chirp)

tn720s3.jpg

68328-06 (smart siren II does chirp).
Another difference is that the smart siren II will have the antenna on it.

tn719s3.jpg

Thanks.. Is is possible to have the Siren II but not have the antenna wire installed or is it apart of the unit? There is no antenna wire coming out of mine as in the picture but it does chirp when the bike is disturbed after the system has been armed. I have an appointment in a couple weeks to take it in to get it looked in addition to the 1k service.

Back