free website stats program Security Light Coming on | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Security Light Coming on

Hello glider. I re-read the instructions and performed the dtc procedure again. I am getting the same results. The 61122 code is not listed... but my right turn signal will flash normally 3 times, then start flashing very rapidly. The left signal flashes normally all the time.

Riding home tonight, I noticed the alarm light had gone out, but just as soon as I hit the right turn signal, it flashed normally 3 times, then began the rapid flashing again. Just as soon as the rapid flash began again, the security light came back on at the particular moment.

Is this making any sense?

My bike is an '05 UC. The previous owner had Pancea lights installed front and back. Both front and back bulbs are operating.

I did the calibration routine suggested. Did the left turn signal first, then the right. As soon as I hit the right turn button, the security light came back on after the first 3 flashes. The rapid flashing began as soon as the security light came on.

I am unfamiliar with the Pancea system. I will do some more research on them and see if I can find anything there.

Last edited:
glider, first off i would like to say thanks a ton for all your help and insite.

I spent a lot of time today with a guy named Richard from Kurakyn, emailing back and forth. He thinks my problem is with the load management system for the Panacea lights and says that is what's causing the bike to throw a code. I will follow his suggestions and replace the load eq. and let you know if my problems disappear like he suggests.

Thanks for all your help

Last edited:
Glad to be of any help. It makes sense about the load EQ but there is no way to test it other than replacing it being it acts up after the third blink.

Good luck with the new part.

hey glider... I made another call to order the load eq and find the parts are going to be $70 + S/H.

I asked if it would hurt the bike if I decided not to replace it and was told NO it wouldn't, but only helps regulate the blinking speed and keeps from triggering the security light when I hit the turn signals.

This is something I can live with until I get ready to sell the bike. I am not going to replace the part until then.

Back