free website stats program Security lamp draining d battery | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Security lamp draining d battery

I live in the middle east and bike is Canadian :) the VIN starts with a #5
The P1502 is gone.I did get the turn signal Wig-Wag With the two sweeks when arming.
Dont have volt meter :) My tools are limited:).
Thinking of cleaning anything i could get my hands on that is connect together.
The bike is on a battery tender now:s

The security system is working fine,the only issue is the red key is not flashing when it is armed:)

If the red key is not flashing, your security system "is not" working fine.
The red blinking key is a part of the security system.
If the bike have been setting for a while, check your alarm battery it could need charging.

the VIN starts with a #5
The P1502 is gone.

If you have a 5 in the VIN then the bike is international and you have a Jiffy stand sensor. You may have cleared the code but it will return again. Take a look under the jiffy stand. The cable could have gotten hit/crushed or the sensor is bad.
It doesn't matter if you need or use the feature, it should be repaired or else the diagnostic routine will continually loop. It may not correct the current issue your having righ now with the red light but it will prevent other issues down the road.

If you were doing the work yourself, fixing the jiffy sensor/cable is your 1st step. Unless you have deep pockets and just want the bike fixed, I would then measure the battery drain with a amp meter. 25MA is a normal drain with factory security. If your battery is drained in 5 days, that is about a 100 ma load. Remove 1 fuse at a time to find the branch that has the drain. From there use the schematic to pin-point.

Like Turnerbend said, there is something strange about that solid red light when key is off. The jiffy stand logic goes to the ECM so fixing the jiffy issue probably won't do much for the solid red light. I think once you know where the origin is for that excess current drain, you won't be far from the resolution.

Will do Hoople :)
The bike has been setting for more than eight months!!!
Do you know Where can i find the Alarm Battery for my bike.:D

If you have a service manual for you bike, look in section 3 for operation and troubleshooting of your alarm system.
My smart alarm system and its battery is located under right panel on my bike. I think the maxi fuse has to be pulled to remove it.....

:bigsmiley11:yesterday the security lamp started flashing again.Did not do anything the bike was hooked up on a battery tender for a week,and it just started to blink,thank you riders for the support

:bigsmiley11:yesterday the security lamp started flashing again.Did not do anything the bike was hooked up on a battery tender for a week,and it just started to blink,thank you riders for the support

More than likely the security system battery needed charging. The security battery gets it charge from the main battery. If I don't ride my bike for a long time, my blinkers will flash 3 time instead of 2 when arming and I know then that the battery is no fully charged. I can ride 2 to 3 hrs and the security battery get charged and the blinkers will flash 2 times. During the cooler months, keep the tender on the battery as much as possible.

Back