free website stats program Secret to a clean windshield | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Secret to a clean windshield

Down here in Mississippi as through out the south we have a problem with Love Bugs. The best remedy I have found for cleaning those stubborn bugs is a dryer sheet and warm water. The fabric softener in the dryer sheet instantly softens the bug guts and they all but melt away. Then of course, finish with Pledge.:D

That's a cool trick. here is what I've learn from Glider, before going on a long trip, clean the shield with Pledge, enjoy the trip, taking pics along the trip and between break, when got home, spray some Pledge on the shield, and wipe off all roadkills.
This is exactly what I do and it works great!

let me get this straight .. You use pledge on windshield.????
Trust us on this one. It works great! I promise. I use it all the time on my '03 Ultra.
And if you accidentally get some on the fairing, so what! Then you simply wipe it off and watch it shine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Pledge on everything but the leather. I was a skeptic at first but have been using it for over a year.
As Refish-Joe stated, for love bugs or the really stubborn ones, wet Bounce dryer sheets then rinse, rinse, rinse!

I have a denim black Fat Boy. I was told not to use any spray polish on this paint as it will penetrate into the pours of the paint. I only use purple liquid spray to clean this bike. Will pledge penetrate the pours and leave a white power look?

I like to use warm,soapy water and a very soft cloth to soak and rinse my windshield.I have found the best way to dry it and prevent spots is to hit it with my Air Force Blaster.The warm air dries it without leaving streaks or marks,and is very screen friendly.A great tool.

I think glider needs to get some royalty checks from Pledge (Johnson & Johnson???) - they added motorcycles to their latest TV commercial...;)

Back