free website stats program Second Bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Second Bike

$8500 new is Sporty territory...but it looks like your looking for "Adventure type" riding so like Hobbit the Triumph is the what I would lean to based on YOUR choices. Two wheeled sports no matter what you ride is plain righteous in my book. Enjoy! :small3d026:

I have to go with a Street Glide, my Dyna is as small as I am going and not out for speed. It is fun to ride and quite enjoyable for a 100 mile or more run, but I would love to have the ability to add the extra comforts of a glide to the garage.

Now that I have the ultimate comfort/touring bike
I'll be looking for a second bike for putting around town/trails on.
Here's what I like, So far. If you had a second bike what would it be?
070608002.jpg

Triumph Scrambler
2001_DR650SE_silver_500.jpg

Suzuki DR650
I like the looks of the Triumph, but that is all it will win in this category. The Suzuki would be the better pick for what you are looking for in a road/trail bike.

My second bike would be this
honda-trx700xx-atv-2009.jpg

Honda TRX700xx

Kinda a tuff question to ask on a Harley site, as you can tell from the responses.

Depending on the day of the week, the phase of the moon, and my mood, anything I have could be a first or second bike. On track days, it's definately something Italian.

Dual sport... Any of the BMW Urban or Enduro series would do it for me. From your price range, you're looking at some of the far east manufactures. And they do make some good quality equipment.

There's also KTM. Their Super Moto, single cylinder, 650 is a great urban style bike. (Don't tell anyone, but I have one and it's a blast to ride.) The 990 Adventure is BMW styled and has very good performance.

Get something you like. Get something daring. Get something that you'll enjoy! Be it a Harley or not!

very nice if your taller than a tall thing on a tall day :D the 990 adventure when on its side stand is almost at my arm pits

Great ground clearance and good height to get a better look at what's coming up is a good thing! Sometimes tall bikes can be difficult to get get on. That's why I keep a step ladder handy! :bigsmiley12:

Funny thing I just got a second bike/scooter. Its a Vespa GTS 250ie it will do 80mphs and keep up with most light to light. I got it as a salvage for 2k. I like them they have CVT and very easy to ride. my plan is to teach my son to respect the ride before I get him one of his own. The big problem is once you ride one you'll like it to much. google it see the specs.

Back