free website stats program Second Bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Second Bike

Willie G.

Now that I have the ultimate comfort/touring bike
I'll be looking for a second bike for putting around town/trails on.
Here's what I like, So far. If you had a second bike what would it be?
070608002.jpg

Triumph Scrambler
2001_DR650SE_silver_500.jpg

Suzuki DR650

This is going to be kind of a blah response, but if I was going to get another bike basically to run errands or scoot around town I would use two criteria.

1. Which is most comfortable to ride, has the best balance and easiest to maneuver, since you said you may be in town. Of course that is usually one thing we always use in picking a bike anyway.
2. What bike has the best availability of parts and service.

I doubt if I would use appearance as a criteria. To me bikes in that category are fairly oogly anyway. At least to me.

To me it would also depend on how much dirt/trail riding I would do.
My choice of the two you show would be the Suzuki. I think it would be a bit more versatile for the town/trail riding. I have owned two Suzuki dirt bikes and I loved them. Very dependable.

070608002.jpg

Triumph Scrambler
2001_DR650SE_silver_500.jpg

Suzuki DR650

Why not another Harley ???? Like a FXR(?) model or something along that line!!!!?????

The Triumph has the looks but the hassle free running of the Suzuki would draw me towards it as an everyday ride.

How about this. under $8500.oo and not a HD :shock
What do you'll like is my question.

A Vespa ??!!! :newsmile100: OK SORRY -- I just thought with your avitar !!!??? ? for ya --- are you thinking about going down any gravel roads sight-seeing ??? IMO - I like the Triumph !

Depends what you want to do with it. My second bike is an '05 CVO V-Rod. I don't go off road anymore, and I still like to go fast, so it suits me just fine.
It tops out at 150mph, and has about the same 0-60 as a Dodge Viper. Riding my '09 FLHX, then the V-Rod, is like going from a Cadilac to a Lambrogini. :small3d026::small3d026::small3d026:

I have 3 at the Time, Touring, Dyna and Sportster but the Sporty is going up for sale, Do not need 3 Bikes, the Dyna will take its place as the Second Bike, Easy to Ride and Handle!

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo
1999 Lowrider - Vivid Black
2001 Sportster 1200 - Red (Custom)

Back