free website stats program Seat Bolt | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat Bolt

The knurled bolt went wissing from wifes bike when on tour in germany last year
no hd dealers in the area and trying to find a unf threaded bolt in a country that has always been metric is very difficult
pushed a 6 mm bolt up through the centre of the thread in the fender and secured with a washer and nylock nut on top of the seat mount it held up well till we got home and i could fit a proper sized allen headed bolt

Brian

Anyone else having issues with the rear seat bolt coming loose all the time.

I did once after I went to a knurl headed bolt, but that was because I did not have it seated properly... I have not seen anyone post about the black plastic washer/bushing that goes between the bracket on the seat and the fender... If you get the seat positioned properly it shouldn't come loose with the plastic washer/bushing in there.

Anyone else having issues with the rear seat bolt coming loose all the time. I lost the stock one, had to buy a knurled knob one while on the road and it still comes loose. Time to get out the blue loctite for sure I guess. Maybe a bolt with an allen head so I can torque it down.

I diched my bolt for two suction cups under the seat...works lik a charm!!

Had the same problem, never lost it but always loose. Locktight is not practical because you need to get to the battery and such. The star washer solved my problem, hopefully it will help you.

Back