free website stats program Seat Bolt | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat Bolt

Scrounger

Anyone else having issues with the rear seat bolt coming loose all the time. I lost the stock one, had to buy a knurled knob one while on the road and it still comes loose. Time to get out the blue loctite for sure I guess. Maybe a bolt with an allen head so I can torque it down.

I changed mine to a stainless hex head allen fastener for security and torque...plain washer underneath to prevent scratching fender, no problems loosening.

I have a back rest and don't use the screw. With the back rest on, the seat can't come off and it's easier to get to on the road if I have a problem.

jaceddie, that's a good point. I have an ultra with a back rest. Never thought to keep the seat screw off. Thanks!

I changed mine to a stainless hex head allen fastener for security and torque...plain washer underneath to prevent scratching fender, no problems loosening.

Same here but I use a star washer on top of the flat washer , no problems here either . Make sure you use stainless so it wont rust and DO NOT over tighten it will mess up the threads and you will have a hard time removing the bolt when you need too . I also replaced the bolt at the front of the tank console with stainless .

I replaced the stud and then drilled a small hole through the bolt to use a push pin, that way I can change seats in less than 5 seconds... I change the seat depending on if I have a passenger or going on a long trip.. etc...

Bill

I replaced the stud and then drilled a small hole through the bolt to use a push pin, that way I can change seats in less than 5 seconds... I change the seat depending on if I have a passenger or going on a long trip.. etc...

Bill

That sounds like a killer idea. How about a pic or two of that one.

Back