free website stats program Sea Foam on sale at Advanced Auto | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sea Foam on sale at Advanced Auto

The additives in fuel don't have the same properties as Seafoam when it comes to "drying" and "cleaning" your fuel system. Yes fuel additives are for the better good of aspirated engines, but Seafoam's an "enhancement" above what's already there.

I'll compare my bike's fuel system to yours any day...bet mine's cleaner...:D

The additives in fuel don't have the same properties as Seafoam when it comes to "drying" and "cleaning" your fuel system. Yes fuel additives are for the better good of aspirated engines, but Seafoam's an "enhancement" above what's already there.

I'll compare my bike's fuel system to yours any day...bet mine's cleaner...:D

Bottem line, it's all a personal choice! I believe in it and have been using it for years. I agree with Iceman, I'll bet my system is cleaner than a none user.

It only take a big temp change to cause phase seperation. Here in the GA it can be 30 Deg F in the morning and 70 Deg F (seasonally) in the after noon.

phase2.gif

maybe a few months, but not a few weeks...

maybe a few months, but not a few weeks...

Your right, I miss worded, but if my bike was going to be sittting idle for over a month, I would go ahead and add it. May not need it that soon but who knows. There are other benefits as listed in this thread.

It only take a big temp change to cause phase seperation. Here in the GA it can be 30 Deg F in the morning and 70 Deg F (seasonally) in the after noon.

I know what you mean anout the temp change , I grew up about 30 miles N.E. of you in Jonesboro. Now I live on an island in N.E. Florida, and we can have temp swings the same. We also have humidity swings from 30% to 100% in a few short hours.

One of the things I did not like about J-boro is the temps in the summer....90 degrees at 10 pm with 80 % humidity and not a breeze anywhere.
Another thing I did not like is in the winter when it was 40 degrees and the wind blows at around 20 mph.
One other thing is....it wasn't any cooler in the shade than it was in the sun. I think 38 Special did a song..."Oh Atlanta, why do you do me this way? It's 99 in the noonday sun and a hundred and one in the shade!"

38 special - Hot Roll Strategy - YouTube<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HYVVa52fg78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I here ya.
I grew up in Miami and I'm no stranger to humidity.
Last winter was almost nonexistentant.

I know what you mean anout the temp change , I grew up about 30 miles N.E. of you in Jonesboro. Now I live on an island in N.E. Florida, and we can have temp swings the same. We also have humidity swings from 30% to 100% in a few short hours.

One of the things I did not like about J-boro is the temps in the summer....90 degrees at 10 pm with 80 % humidity and not a breeze anywhere.
Another thing I did not like is in the winter when it was 40 degrees and the wind blows at around 20 mph.
One other thing is....it wasn't any cooler in the shade than it was in the sun. I think 38 Special did a song..."Oh Atlanta, why do you do me this way? It's 99 in the noonday sun and a hundred and one in the shade!"

38 special - Hot Roll Strategy - YouTube<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HYVVa52fg78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back