free website stats program SE street performance slip-ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE street performance slip-ons

Have I got this right? You can fit slip ons without re-tuning with a stock filter and fit a fueler when you change the air filter?

Yes you can, The mufflers first, The bike will run ok, but more fuel with AC as they run lean from the factory, My 07 Streetbob is running strong with Cycleshack turnouts and no added fuel yet

Jick; Don't get discouraged by the many options that will be presented to you on the forum. There are MANY ways to get a few horsepower and cooler running engine. We all prefer the setup we have chosen. You can stay all Harley and get good results, but the dealer may get a bit heavy in your pockets. At your leasure, read through the "diagnostics and Fuel Injection related self help area. Things will start to fall in place, and there's a bunch of us ready to shower you with our opinions when you ask.
As for S.E. slip on's, my Electra Glide had them (slash cut) when I bought it and it ran fine (no added fuel) with a nice sound that wouldn't offend anyone. I added a TFI fueler and a S.E. air cleaner. I got a noticeable power increase, a cooler engine and only lost about 3 mpg overall. Total expendature about $400 (I had the mufflers). I bought and installed a set of Rush slip on's with the 1 1/2" (quietest) baffles. I didn't notice any power gain, and didn't like the "tone" of them, so I'm back with the S.E. slip ons.

Jick, you won't go wrong with the set-up you're considering.

I've got the Stage 1 AC, SERT and SE slip-ons on my 08 StreetGlide, and am pleased with the set-up. The slip-ons have mellowed with age, and are producing a very nice sound that's not obnoxious, but will talk when you twist on the throttle. My next door neighbor swears she doesn't hear my bike in the morning when I leave, but I can set off car alarms when the feeling hits me. :D

i actually like the set-up well enough that I convinced my wife to get SE slip-ons for her 11 Heritage. She's got the SE AC also, but didn't have to do the SERT because the 11's apparently allow downloads without needing to add a tuner. We had her bike for a couple of weeks before the dealer was able to get the mufflers in, so we were able to compare before and after. There was a definite improvement in performance.

One thing to definitely consider with any exhaust system change is legal compliance. The SE slip-ons have the EPA compliance stamp. If you go with a system that does not have the compliance stamping, you might want to consider keeping your stock mufflers around just in case

Thanks Mikey, I was hoping I'd hear from someone with the same set up I was considering. I am mechanically incompetent, so I have to rely on the dealership for all my work. So far, I've been very satisfied with their service department. They quoted me $1344.85 for the A/C, Exhaust, and SERT (which includes the DYNO) out the door.
I realize most of the guys in here could probably do a lot of this themselves; but patience isn't one of my virtues, so the cost seems reasonable to me and especially my wife. If your ever down this way, let me know, I'll buy you a beer. Thanks again.

I have a stock 08 Road King, but disliked the heat and lack of pep so I got XiED from Nightrider. Runs a little cooler and has added pep, a less expensive option to hold you over until you can decide what you want to do.

Sam

Back