free website stats program SE street performance slip-ons | Harley Davidson Forums

SE street performance slip-ons

Jick Scott

Considering the stage one upgrade. Pretty much a novice about all this, but would appreciate hearing from those of you who used these slip-ons with your upgrade. Did you get the performance you expected? I don't want to disturb the cagers who are on the phone or texting, as I go by; just want to get out of their way a little quicker. Thank you.

Considering the stage one upgrade. Pretty much a novice about all this, but would appreciate hearing from those of you who used these slip-ons with your upgrade. Did you get the performance you expected? I don't want to disturb the cagers who are on the phone or texting, as I go by; just want to get out of their way a little quicker. Thank you.

SE are very good pipes, tho here in Jacksonville Florida the dealers are pushing Rush over the Se:s

Skip the download and go with the TFI. If you are just doing the slipons, you are leaving some untapped power without the stage one intake (K&N) . You can pick up about 10-12 HP with both the mufflers and intake and the added fuel gives you more kick. Dollar for dollar the TFI is the best way to go because the download is still EPA lean and the TFI is adjustable.

When the time comes, I'll be using the SE stage 1 A/C and the SERT. 10+ hp sounds good to me, Glider. Thanks for the comeback.

I wouldn't bother with the SERT. Like Glider says, you need to ritchen up the A/F ratio so go with the TFI or some other fueler together with the SE stage 1 A/C and the pipes you're planning to use. I went with the SE air cleaner and a Vance and Hines Fuelpak and noticed an immediate improvement in performance. I was going to add the SE Performance Touring slip ons but the programming on the Fuelpak was identical with the stock pipes as with the SE pipes so I stayed with stock. Very happy with the resulting sound and performance

I am going to sound like a newbie here, but I am a newbie, I have a stock 08 Softail. Stock everything. What is the progression i want to make to get better performance out of her. I see a lot of mention about stage 1, TFI and slip-ons, but that is kind of foreign to me. I just kind of need an outline of importance and order to which beg my wife to let me purchase tese things down the road. It will not all happen at once. lol. thanks.

I am going to sound like a newbie here, but I am a newbie, I have a stock 08 Softail. Stock everything. What is the progression i want to make to get better performance out of her. I see a lot of mention about stage 1, TFI and slip-ons, but that is kind of foreign to me. I just kind of need an outline of importance and order to which beg my wife to let me purchase tese things down the road. It will not all happen at once. lol. thanks.

You can do the mufflers now, when you do the AC it will be time for TFI ECM Calibration And TFI - Harley Davidson Community, Capital Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'll just leave it stock, I thought I had what I needed for the upgrade, but don't have a clue what an EFI is or what any of them do. I thought the SERT controlled the A/F ratio. Took me a year and a half to research my purchase of my road king. Guess I need to do more research on the upgrade. It's a pain to be so ignorant and at 66 years old, don't have a lot of time to figure it all out. Just amazing how a simple question about slip-ons causes a complete change of plans. Wanted to keep everything Harley, but thanks again for all your advice. Finding out there are to many ways to do the same thing, or that's what it looks like to me.

Smitty, if I lived in Wisconsin, I'd stop by and shake your hand. Sure appreciate you taking the time on the thread above. I get a little frustrated when I think I've done my homework on all this, only to find out I'm way off base. It's not about the money, I'm to old to worry about that, just wanted a little more performance and hopefully a little cooler running bike. I feel that the DYNO is the way to go with my SERT selection, and as you said, I don't plan on any more upgrades or louder pipes in the future. All I wanted to know was how the guys with these particular slip-ons felt about them. Evidently no one in here has these or just didn't want to make a comment about them. I appreciate your time, Smitty. Thanks

If your goal is to have a bike that runs a bit cooler, you have to add fuel to your mixture. As you probably know, these bikes run lean in stock configuration, so a SERT download will still leave it running lean...thus the need for a fueler such as a TFI, Vance and Hines Fuelpak, etc. These are both very simple devices to install and enable you to return the bike to stock condition in a matter of minutes should you want to. Adding the fueler and a better flowing air cleaner but leaving your pipes stock will give you an immediate boost in performance and your bike will run cooler. IMHO having the bike dyno'd with just doing a SERT down load and without changing anything else is a waste of your cash. Just changing the air cleaner and adding a fueler will give you what you want and there's no need for a dyno. And for the record, at 66 years young you've got plenty of time to enjoy your bike. I've got you beat by almost 4 years!

Back