free website stats program SE ignition mod | Harley Davidson Forums

SE ignition mod

bman

I installed the SE Ing Mod 10 deg at wot in my06 flht and it made a big difference.More power especially when passing.I have seen where some have changed the timng of the rear cylinder what is the purpose of this,is it for high perf motors

Last edited:
It's for cylinder trim. With the design of the v twin, the front cylinder will inherently run cooler than the rear. You can richen up the rear and also adjust the timing so each cylinder will be putting out the same power.

My bike is carb and I'm looking to maximise what I have.I was thinking about a 203 cam with a street port on the heads.I have v&h duel headers,se2 slip ons,ness big suck ac,se ing mod 10 deg wot.The bike uses no oil between change's so I don't really want to change the juggs right now

My bike is carb and I'm looking to maximise what I have.I was thinking about a 203 cam with a street port on the heads.I have v&h duel headers,se2 slip ons,ness big suck ac,se ing mod 10 deg wot.The bike uses no oil between change's so I don't really want to change the juggs right now

Wasn't sure if you were carbed or not. The trim is just for FI bikes using a tuner.

The 203 is a good bottom end cam for your application. Not too radical but gives some extra grunt on the bottom- mid range. The head clean up will work well on almost any motor to increase flow.

It's for cylinder trim. With the design of the v twin, the front cylinder will inherently run cooler than the rear. You can richen up the rear and also adjust the timing so each cylinder will be putting out the same power.

Actually the rear cyender is the cooler running cylender, this is why the engine temp sensor is located in the front head (on EFI models).

Actually the rear cyender is the cooler running cylender, this is why the engine temp sensor is located in the front head (on EFI models).

Maybe you could explain your statement to me a bit better so I can understand this??

Im intersted to as the Rear cylinder has always been the hotter running since there is less airflow

The rear cylinder will run 15% hotter than the front....this is a characteristic of Harley's from day one. Take the temp on both cylinders at the spark plug area with an Inferred Temp Gun after a ride ....you will see for your self the rear does run hotter.
Now I know they say the V-Rod front tire splits the air and cooling was a problem due to this splitting the air but we are talking two different situations here....the V-Rod was trying to get the air into the radiator not to the engine.

Back