free website stats program SE Air Cleaner Install | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Air Cleaner Install

I didn't remove or prop the tank up my SG either. I was able to reach the heads of the bolts with the Allen wrench. I pulled the fuse though. Can't be a bad idea. That being said everyone should learn to pull the tank. - pulled mine to install my TFI and am glad I did.
WAP.gif

Thanks for all the replies guys. I thought the instructions were a bit of overkill. I'll be making the change next week. I'll be adding the SE air cleaner and a V&H fuelpack but I'm keeping the stock mufflers because there doesn't appear to be much difference in power... just sound... if I went with the SE performance tourning slip ons I was considering. Since I'm happy with the sound from the stock pipes, I'll keep them for now. I don't plan on any engine mods other than Stage 1 so the Fuel Pak should do the job just fine. The dealer rcommended just letting them do a 103 cu in download for about the same price and leave the air cleaner stock but I know from this forum that all that would have done is return the A/F ratio back to a stock lean condition so I'm going with Plan A. Will post how it went and my opinion of the performace change, if any.

The SE Air Cleaner comes with the reusable HD A/C element which is okay, but further down the road, you would benefit with replacement K&N A/C element, which flows and filters better with more rigid design. Might also consider cutting away a bit of the cover for even more perimeter airflow :D

tn182s3.jpg

I didn't remove or prop the tank up my SG either. I was able to reach the heads of the bolts with the Allen wrench. I pulled the fuse though. Can't be a bad idea. That being said everyone should learn to pull the tank. - pulled mine to install my TFI and am glad I did.
WAP.gif

I've got a TFI and the HD Stage I A/C on the way and I was thinking the same thing. I might be able to squeeze my Fred Flintstone fingers in there and get the job done but this is a perfect opportunity to learn something new (removing the fuel tank) and make the install easier at the same time.

It says remove maxi fuse.
Then I darn sure recommend you do.
The down side of not doing it next post reads I was installing a SE AC and something blew now my ecm, lights, fuel pump or something else does not work help.
Look around the threads this happens often enough.

Step one on most repairs should be remove fuse or disconnect battery for a very good reason, better to be safe than pay later JMO:s

2+ regarding depressurizing fuel line and pulling main fuse. Newer bikes have alarm system and possiblilty of spark or flame is risk you do not need. See guys in the muffler shop doing cutting and welding on vehicles all the time...I kinda stay away from there also...just because you can does not necessarily mean you should...!

Back