free website stats program Screweylouies Tip For Cleaning Wheels | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Screweylouies Tip For Cleaning Wheels

I think I will try it too. Do the wheels have a coating on the aluminum? I have a 2010 SG and thought I read somewhere where they are coated with a clear coat.

I was told by a H-D rep that the wheels do NOT have a clear coat. Again, this is what I was told at a detailing clinic being presented by H-D reps at the local H-d dealer. Automobiles and trucks do and one can often see the clear lifting. I have never seen that on a factory finish aluminum H-D wheel, so I tend to believe it! :rider

I was told by a H-D rep that the wheels do NOT have a clear coat. Again, this is what I was told at a detailing clinic being presented by H-D reps at the local H-d dealer. Automobiles and trucks do and one can often see the clear lifting. I have never seen that on a factory finish aluminum H-D wheel, so I tend to believe it! :rider

Thanks, I am definitely going to try this.

Jack and I had this discussion in Salt Springs. Once the wheel is clean, I applied some granite and marble countertop sealer to the rim via a soft cloth and let it set for ~ 15 minutes and wiped dry with a microfiber cloth.
Yesterday I took a dry microfibercloth and wiped the rim, came back shining just like it had been cleaned. It's a little too early to determine how long this will last, on countertops..6mos to a year. BTW, the sealer is predominately Teflon and is available at Lowes, probably at other places too!

Wow! I never knew this... I got like 3 cans of that around the house. I use it to clean my Vollrath induction stainless cookware to keep it shiny like new.

Maybe tomorrow I'll give it a shot. Can't wait to try it!

Back