free website stats program screaming eagle pistons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

screaming eagle pistons

With only 9k miles, I'd just run a glaze breaker thru the cylinders.
What advantage will you get with only changing to the S.E. pistons? 1/2 point compression?

IF you take the cylinders to a shop that can run a Ball Hone thru them to take out the shine and put in cross-hatch marks,,, that is what I would do..
And double ck on the condition and clearances of the two cyls. BEFORE you re-install the New pistons.

Are the SE pistons teflon coated and what Size ? 3" - 3.5" - ? compression ratio are they...?

If an 883, NOW would of been a good time to UP it to a 1200.. You make no mention of the size of the bike....

signed....BUBBIE

I actually broke a piston. I have everything else taken care of. Just need to put it back together.
WAP.gif

Is the cylinder O K , any work on the cylinders should be done with Torque Plates installed, you do have a good torque wrench ?

It is a 1200. And yes I do have a good torque wrench. I was planning on haveing the cylinders checked over at meyers duran here in Tulsa Oklahoma.
WAP.gif

For my own stuff, I would not think to torque plate the cyl's just for taking out the glaze IF re-sizing the bore, then I would torque-plate them..

But CLEAN them good as you probably Know

Just My Way.

signed....BUBBIE

Hi Im a bit confused here, will there be any performance gain from installing the SE pistons alone, it seems like alot of work to gain not much if any extra performance.

Hi Im a bit confused here, will there be any performance gain from installing the SE pistons alone, it seems like alot of work to gain not much if any extra performance.

A couple of us were also confused. In post #9 he replied that he broke a piston and had bought the SE pistons for repairs.

A couple of us were also confused. In post #9 he replied that he broke a piston and had bought the SE pistons for repairs.
I would be wondering why a piston broke at 9000 miles, something aint right there. Im in the process of a full engine rebuild on my 04 rubber mount, and the rebore and honing Had to be entrusted to an engineer who was used to doing Harleys as The pattern has to be of certain degrees, And as it has already been said torque plates are required, for rebore or honing. If I were pulling the top end down and installing the SE pistons I think I would do at least some porting work while It was apart.

Okay here it goes. I had a bolt come loose off of the a/c backing plate. It got sucked through the throttle body into the front cylinder. Trash the front head, broke the cylinder skirt, broke a piston, and bent a connecting rod on the flywheel. I have since bought 2 new cylinders, oil pump, had the flywheel and head repaired. The reason why I went with the screaming eagle pistons is I was on eBay one night and came across a set that where brand new. Got an awesome deal on them so I bought them.
WAP.gif

Back