free website stats program screaming eagle pistons | Harley Davidson Forums

screaming eagle pistons

mjohnsns

hello all, i have question? i have just purchased a set of screaming eagle standered bore pistons with rings, circlips, and wristpins. My question would be: my cylinders only have 9,000 miles on them. Do i need to do anything to them or would they be fine. i'm not a certified mechanic but can turn wrenches and have a very good understanding of my bike manual.

It would help to know what year Sportster, carburetor or injection, pipes, what SE pistons are you trying to put in and what goal are you looking for.

It's an 07, efi, just the standard bore screaming eagle piston. The box reads for use with stock heads.
WAP.gif

With only 9k miles, I'd just run a glaze breaker thru the cylinders.
What advantage will you get with only changing to the S.E. pistons? 1/2 point compression?

I got a great deal on them off of eBay. I actually bought them cheaper than the stock ones.
WAP.gif

:D:D Last night I read your 1st post like you were tearing down a bike with only 9,000 miles just to put in s.e. pistons. This morning, I read it as you are building a engine. That makes sense.

:D:D Last night I read your 1st post like you were tearing down a bike with only 9,000 miles just to put in s.e. pistons. This morning, I read it as you are building a engine. That makes sense.

I was thinking the same thing Breeze...I thought I had drank too much eggnog! :newsmile042:

I actually broke a piston. I have everything else taken care of. Just need to put it back together.
WAP.gif

Lube the pistons and barrels up good and run it for a couple of heat cycles to burn off the extra oil:s

Back