free website stats program Screamin Eagle | Harley Davidson Forums

Screamin Eagle

Vilemind

Hello everyone been awhile since i have been on, i have a question ,,,on my 2007 883 / 1200 conversion ,,,i just bought the screamin eagle stage 1 breather kit ,,,i hate that i have to use my stock cover,,,there is a new kit out called the ventilator ,,,i think is the name ,,,love the look but im told it will not work on my bike as it says it is for 09,10 dyna . softail . can someone tell me what is the difference between the way those bolt up vs the sportster ? i really would like to get this kit. thanks in advance

the cover can be modifyed to fit, it goes straight over the filter but the bolt holes to hold it to the filter are to small, so if you drill out the holes and get some nice button head bolts that screw into the sportster hi flow you will have it the way you want.

get the SE sportster hi flow 29042-04B which uses the stock cover, get you dealer to order the ventilator cover seperatly from the hi flow kit the chrome cover number is 29671-09 and the black cover is 30074-09, there is also the SE insert for the cover which you will need which is 29846-09, once you have it you will see how it needs to be modifyed

Rancid if you red my post you will see that i have already purchased the SE breather kit and i am not happy with it

Hello everyone been awhile since i have been on, i have a question ,,,on my 2007 883 / 1200 conversion ,,,i just bought the screamin eagle stage 1 breather kit ,,,i hate that i have to use my stock cover,,,there is a new kit out called the ventilator ,,,i think is the name ,,,love the look but im told it will not work on my bike as it says it is for 09,10 dyna . softail . can someone tell me what is the difference between the way those bolt up vs the sportster ? i really would like to get this kit. thanks in advance

Take a look at this Self Help tip, regarding one method of customizing a Sportster, before getting more new hardware...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/transmission_clutch_and_primary_drive_train/19478-sportster_servicing.html

Nothing wrong with the SE Breather Kit, if you want to "trick it out" for a bit more air flow...take about 1/2 to 1" off the bottom of that chrome cover exposing the air cleaner element slightly around the perimeter. Still have weather protection, but air flow increased even more.

tn182s3.jpg

haha i like the "air flow is increased even more" dont think a sportster will use much more air than the stock filter can flow, the cut down cover will just allow cool air to be collected

Rancid sure cutting it down will allow more airflow as i have had mine on the dyno and got around 7 more horse out of it vs with the stock or screamin eagle breather ,,, just waiting for the ventilator to come in now

haha i like the "air flow is increased even more" dont think a sportster will use much more air than the stock filter can flow, the cut down cover will just allow cool air to be collected

Rancid, yep like I said a "bit" more airflow i.e. cooler air and "cool factor" at the same time...:lolrolling

You will only flow as much air as the carb air horn will allow, but you know, I like to see that element underneath, so I know when service is needed...a restricted element is a restricted element and why pay to have things modified if you already paid for the big bucks...JMHO...:D

7hp just by cutting the cover back on a hi flow????!!! on what dyno, not being rude but i dont think that will happen.

Back