free website stats program Sand and Surf Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sand and Surf Question

We live here, 150 feet from the Pacific Ocean, in the other Sunshine State, Queensland. Salt air is just a part of life, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Tsjoint2.jpg
Very nice picture T Thanks for sharing that, Your home is on my to do list, Capital Jack:s

T wrecks looks awsome just not my cup of tea.do u do anything like spray alittle oil on carbon steel parts to protect them or u just wash it/cover it up to protect from the salty air

We are very lucky here HD. Most breezes or winds are offshore, or blow from the SE, so they travell parallel with the beach, so we get very little salt air or spray where we live. We had more trouble with salt in our last house and it was a mile from the beach. It faced the SE, so we copped it! We consider ourselves very fortunate to be living where we do! :s

Edit. I forgot to mention the sand dunes across the road on the foreshore also protect us from salt winds. They are covered in native vegitation and cannot be touched.

Very nice picture T Thanks for sharing that, Your home is on my to do list, Capital Jack:s

Come on down Jack, what's stopping you bud? :s

Last edited by a moderator:
We are very lucky here HD. Most breezes or winds are offshore, or blow from the SE, so they travell parallel with the beach, so we get very little salt air or spray where we live. We had more trouble with salt in our last house and it was a mile from the beach. It faced the SE, so we copped it! We consider ourselves very fortunate to be living where we do! :s

WOW sounds like you have found paradise! there T wrecks. that water looks so clear a warm. guess i got turned off to the coast a few years back... family and i went on vacation to North Myrtle beach we knew there was a tropical storm out there but the people we rented the beach house from said no refund unless a mandatory evacuation from the city. well the storm "Hana" ran right into us.......man i'll tell u what i washed salt off our car for 3 weeks it was every where once we got home i would take our garden hose and lay on my back and wash the underside of the car didn't think i would ever wash all that salt away!lol

Wow HOLY DIVER, no wonder you're "beach shy". We do get Cyclones here (like your hurricanes, only they spin in the opposite direction, being in the southern hemisphere) but the last one to hit us here this far south, was in 1964. You seem to get much stronger and bigger winds than we do here, but I had better not speak too soon, eh?

Back