free website stats program Sand and Surf Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Sand and Surf Question

db4usa

I'm possibly reloacating to the sunshine state. I just wondered if there are any special care issues for my hog due to sand and salt air? I hear that sugar powder down there get's in everything. Any comments?

db

I'm possibly reloacating to the sunshine state. I just wondered if there are any special care issues for my hog due to sand and salt air? I hear that sugar powder down there get's in everything. Any comments?

db

Yep, I am 28 miles in land and there is lots of salt and sand in the air, wash and pledge to keep her clean and stay off the beach unless you really want a lot of salt, Welcome to the forum and Welcome to Florida, Capital Jack:wt

Thanks Jack. I'm not too sure about the move yet, but do plan to trip down there this summer anyway. It would be nice to extend my riding season for sure.
db

The salt down here will eat up everything that even looks like metal, as Jack said clean and PLEDGE is a must. I live on the coast and keep the scoot in the garage and cover her as soon as she cools. The beautiful thing is you can ride all year.

Living on the "other coast" the universal thing is salt air and sand can "muddy" things up a bit if you do not keep up maintenance on the exterior...as well as the interior, keep the routine maintenance and clean/replace filter element at more "rigourous" schedule. And yes, winter storage really means "nothing" as riding is virtually year around. Enjoy, surfs up and the beaches are a mobile feast!:beach

That's a good question. I have been to bike week several times [from Ohio]and had made sure to wash the scoot real good.

I've seen a few Harley's that where from the the Myrtle Beach area (200 miles from me) that were in pretty bad shape due to the "salt air" in fact i saw a 2007 Electra glide that looks as if it was 20 years old ...rust and corrosion in every little nook and cranny

We live here, 150 feet from the Pacific Ocean, in the other Sunshine State, Queensland. Salt air is just a part of life, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Tsjoint2.jpg

We live here, 150 feet from the Pacific Ocean, in the other Sunshine State, Queensland. Salt air is just a part of life, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Tsjoint2.jpg

T wrecks looks awsome just not my cup of tea.do u do anything like spray alittle oil on carbon steel parts to protect them or u just wash it/cover it up to protect from the salty air

Back