free website stats program Saddlebag support brackets busted! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebag support brackets busted!

Good deal! Bottom line is it's your bike so whatever makes YOU happy is the best way to go.

Ok, so I got the repair kit today and installed it. Lets just say I am more than impressed! I took it all apart, got out my dremel and ground down the broken edges, and everything matched up perfect. The bracket that mounts to the underneath the rear fender was bent...more like sagging from the weight of the pipes. I straightened them out and it and thankfully it was crack free. I have included some pics...

ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting

The Pictures on the sales site would DO Well using your pictures.

The parts Looked Much stronger and better made in YOUR pictures... You might contact him and work a deal for using YOUR Picts.. They look Twice as strong.

Guess I'm Eating Crow for Breakfast....:D

I'll have to say, Good Job and they were Much Better Made than I could see on the web's sale page.

Win-Win for you.

signed....BUBBIE

"Quite Often I am Right so Forgive me when I'm WRONG!!!"

I forgive you BUBBIE, :D

But seriously, I put on about 90 miles yesterday after the install, a fairly god shakedown ride, and had zero issues. I think they look really good too. I love the fact that since the MoCo wont or cant fix the problem, American ingenuity solves the problem, or at the very least tries to.

Not that this piece is a problem, but the original is ugly, thats why I made one of these, and it gets a ton of attn....

Just wanted to say THANKS FOR THIS!!! I just figured out where that noise was coming from last night and had NO CLUE what to do about it! Gonna buy the fix and get her better than new asap! Thank you for posting!

Back