free website stats program :( Sad Day Kind Of... | Harley Davidson Forums

:( Sad Day Kind Of...

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
Well, it finally happened. I sold the road king. Unfortunately, my interest to ride has been dwindling, plus a couple of years of unplanned medical issues, I just didn't ride the bike much. I had an ad on FB MarketPlace, so I let it ride since late last year with the attitude of 'if it sells, it sells'. Well, last weekend we had about 5 days of glorious weather, the bike now has a new home. I got real close to my ideal dollar amount that I wanted, so I am happy overall. So, I am now bike less,

But after 2019, and losing the dogs, I really would prefer to so things with the dogs, and riding is not something I was set up to do with the dogs. (I did look into a side car briefly). I did a quick test ride last weekend to make sure everything worked as it did last year, and I was thinking 'man, this sure is a sweet ride, why am I selling it?'. But, to new adventures with Paddington, we have a camper that we can both use. :).

You will still be part of this family and new adventures are good, just don't be a stranger on the forum.:)

I did the same thing about 5 years ago, 1 1/2 years later I bought my Electra Glide. I do know down the road, that time will come though. We all will do what we have to do, when the time comes for me,oh well!

Thanks all, I will still hang around as long as I am welcome. :D. You can't get rid of me that easy. :p I did keep my jacket & helmet. ;). So, there is that. My nephew has a street glide that he told me I could ride some if I liked. But in all reality, I have put maybe 100 miles on it in just over 2 years. (Granted, 2019 was an injury prone year with the tendon in the right foot and 6 weeks of a moon boot, followed promptly by the appendicitis. :(. I also broke my hand in March of 2018 that hindered me a bit.) Fortunately, everything healed well.

So, with all of that, I will take some time off on my own free will and we will see what happens. ;) If I am headed to your part of the country for any reason, I will still try to meet up with you all!

No leaving allowed.
I know it was hard to sell each bike I no longer have.
Only 1 ever came back home for a visit.
Screenshot_20201031-200649_Facebook.jpg
Not sure but I think the bike misses me.

I have always had at least two in the garage and have had three in the garage for the last few years. However I have sold two this past year and now back down to a more sensible situation with my '05 FXSTD. Really hated to part with the '02 FLHT, lots of manhours in performance build up (1214TQ/110HP), cosmetic changes to make her look like a Streetglide and a variety of other small changes to make that bike one of a kind. Always got looks, comments and questions; folks could never decide what model.

Anyway, not riding as much any more even though I have more time now; the drive to get back out on the road is waning but once I do get out, I always wonder why I am not out more often because it feels so good to get my knees in the wind. I would love to take off and ride up through the north west but my brother isn't up for long trips these days and I would prefer to take that trip with a buddy, so I may not get to take that trip.

Understood Joyflyin but onward and upward, enjoy new adventures with man's best friend.;)

I think you may get the itch back in time. If only for a bar hopper you can bomb around town on. I have 5 bikes at this point and other then starting 4 of them for a ride around the block last year the only one I ride consistently is the FLHTC. I have been thinking its time to get rid of the other 4

I have always had at least two in the garage and have had three in the garage for the last few years. However I have sold two this past year and now back down to a more sensible situation with my '05 FXSTD. Really hated to part with the '02 FLHT, lots of manhours in performance build up (1214TQ/110HP), cosmetic changes to make her look like a Streetglide and a variety of other small changes to make that bike one of a kind. Always got looks, comments and questions; folks could never decide what model.

Anyway, not riding as much any more even though I have more time now; the drive to get back out on the road is waning but once I do get out, I always wonder why I am not out more often because it feels so good to get my knees in the wind. I would love to take off and ride up through the north west but my brother isn't up for long trips these days and I would prefer to take that trip with a buddy, so I may not get to take that trip.

Understood Joyflyin but onward and upward, enjoy new adventures with man's best friend.;)

Dolt, your post really struck a chord with me.
We’ve looked after a Toddler 4 days a week from March 2020 and we’re still going : 0700-1630ish. I worked shorter hours!
We had lockdown and other Covid constraints. Hopped onto my BMWHp2 in November for the first ride of the year!
Out on the Harley end of December(ride #2) and I dropped it in my driveway. Fell over downslope- the stand folded up. Forget technique: grabbed the bars and hoiked it up. Without thinking. Except for:”Hope no one saw that”.
Damaged my back and squashed my Sciatic nerve. Pretty painful.
Staring to recover, but no riding so far this year. Can’t even walk properly.( Toddler don’t help either).
Like you, the urge has waned somewhat. I don’t feel the same when I walk into the garage and see all the covers silhouetted in the dark.
I see all the green lights on the chargers and all I think of is at least something works.
The passion; the feeling; it’s different. The bikes aren’t toys: they’re chores.
Hopefully it’ll return when I finally get back on to a bike.

Joyflyin: good luck with your post Motorcycle career.
Maybe absence will make the heart grow fonder.
And if it doesn’t you’ll grow in a different direction.

Back