free website stats program Sad day in PA. ( 4 me anyhow) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sad day in PA. ( 4 me anyhow)

I put my bob in her room in the barn 3 weeks ago. The weather was in the low 40's today, good enough for me to ride. BUT, and I do mean BUT.....I felt it would take way to long to try and clear a path to the barn with over 4 feet of snow. I didn't even get in to pat her on the seat...:(

Well I know living in Pa I would have to store my Ultra for the winter. That day came today. Did about 35 miles topped the gas tank off and put her in the shed:bigsmiley15::bigsmiley15
I have A one car attached garage but don't heat it unless I am out there working on something. I feel my bike would be better in the shed (in the cold:newsmile08:) rather then in the garage where it goes from hot to cold. Can't wait untill spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:panic
I noticed you live in a cold climate. You may
want to check on it now and then for sweating.
I lived in Pa for a few years and I couldn't
leave mine in a shed, wrangled it into the house.

Understand the pain, mine stays in the garage though, tucked in the corner. Winter project is ripping out some of the shelving to now make room for the bigger SUV we just bought and making more room for the bike as well.

Already started on the wishlist, bags arrived last week, new license plate bracket with Turn signals and new smoked tail light arriving today. She'll be up on the jack after Christmas as I start the work. Then hopefully I will be able to get a quick ride out to top off the tank and tuck her back away for the next few months.

Sorry to here that,spring will come soon enough. Just make shure to go out and talk to her so she doesn't get lonely. :s

Oh thank heaven, I thought I was the only one who did that. I mean talking to the machine.....ever wonder WHY we do that ? My wife says I'm certifiable. My reply was " Hey, I talk to you don't I ?" That's when the fight started.

It's hovering around 40-50 here in NC. Had a good amount of rain the last couple of days so no riding. Put stabil in the old girl and the riding mower this past weekend. Been going on 2 weeks no riding so if the good weather lasts I'll ride to Church this Sunday if not before. I'm not real keen on cold weather riding but 2 wks without is long enough. And I may look like the "michelin man" with all the layers I'll have on but I'll ride anyway.

Oh thank heaven, I thought I was the only one who did that. I mean talking to the machine.....ever wonder WHY we do that ? My wife says I'm certifiable. My reply was " Hey, I talk to you don't I ?" That's when the fight started.

:eek:) We all say things we know are not going to be well received. Still fun though.

I noticed you live in a cold climate. You may
want to check on it now and then for sweating.
I lived in Pa for a few years and I couldn't
leave mine in a shed, wrangled it into the house.

Well with it in the garage it was sweating since I only heat the garage when I am out there. I will keep I eye on her .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well next to my Harley I love my wife the best:bigsmiley36: Oh or is it the other way around:gh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back